Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, that is the glory of Amazon. They do tend to over-communicate....which I love.
My AP is coming from importCD, and with expedited shipping. As you might guess...they are silent. :chill

No more silence. importCD just sent me a shipped notification. :)
woo hoo

:banana:

Great news for you, and me too!

I'm debating whether or not to play it immediately when it comes.

We just moved to a new house. My system is running but due to very reflective walls I need to build some acoustic absorption panels and (likely) bass traps in order to optimize the sound.

So the question: Listen to one of my favorite albums, in surround for the fist time, in a poor acoustic setting, or wait (a couple weeks) until I fix the acoustics, and listen so the MCH Eye in the Sky the first time with optimal sound.

A lucky conundrum if I every had one......

No more silence. importCD just sent me a shipped notification. :)
woo hoo

:banana:

I‘ve heard the surround mix yesterday.
It is a good mix but I think they did not found the
Multitracks of „You gonna get..“ and there is a mistake
in the beginning of Step by step“ just between the intro
and the full start. There is a half second gap that is missing.
The stereo stream is fine, but on both surround streams the gap
is there.

Silence and I is great! :)

I‘ve heard the surround mix yesterday.
It is a good mix but I think they did not found the
Multitracks of „You gonna get..“ and there is a mistake
in the beginning of Step by step“ just between the intro
and the full start. There is a half second gap that is missing.
The stereo stream is fine, but on both surround streams the gap
is there.
What makes you think that the multitracks were missing for "You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned?" Just ambience in the rears?

As for the gap in "Step By Step," if anyone could provide a sample demonstrating the problem area, I'd be curious to hear what it is.

What makes you think that the multitracks were missing for "You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned?" Just ambience in the rears?

I've only listened to the 5.1 surround mix all the way through just once, but the mix on that song did sound pretty recessed compared to the others. I could tell I was listening to a very discrete surround mix listening to the other tracks. That one just sound a little disappointing compared to the others, but I have not looked in-depth at the mixes yet to see why.

I've only listened to the 5.1 surround mix all the way through just once, but the mix on that song did sound pretty recessed compared to the others. I could tell I was listening to a very discrete surround mix listening to the other tracks. That one just sound a little disappointing compared to the others, but I have not looked in-depth at the mixes yet to see why.

It sounds like a Penteo upmix.

Ryan do you also here the mistake at the beginning of Step By Step?
The drums are cut just before the track goes on.

Now that you mentioned it I heard it. Thanks... ;)
It really does not bother me as I find it to be very subtle.

On my 2nd listen of the album, and I'm enjoying it just as much as I did last night!
This is a killer disc!

:)

Now that you mentioned it I heard it. Thanks... ;)
It really does not bother me as I find it to be very subtle.

On my 2nd listen of the album, and I'm enjoying it just as much as I did last night!
This is a killer disc!

:)

Do you think it sounds better (surround/fidelity) than their previous release?

Hmmm... Has anybody contacted the label about this? Perhaps through e-mail or Facebook post? This is clearly the kind of thing they should fix and send replacements for. o_O

Not yet, as I had no time to do, but I will find out where and send an email.
It‘s like the song stumles at that second.
I‘m a drummer and can‘t count the to 4 there! :)

It arrived from amazon Italy late this afternoon, I found it leaned against the inside of one of the porch doors!

Back