Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My concern is that even though they said they intend to release a standalone blu-ray, nothing is guaranteed! I've purchased many bloated box sets just to get the surround; I'm ok with it as long as they're under $100 (or it's The Beatles). If the standalone DOES get released, I'll be holding out for that with the next release in this series.

I understand what you're saying but the majority of the consumers purchasing this box won't be playing the vinyl which is a waste of our planet's resources. I suppose someone could sell the LP's but that isn't the point that some of us are trying to make. Why even bother to release a separate Blu-ray Disc from the set? This is just plain nonsense! And, I'm don't know why they are releasing the separate BD at a later date when Tales of Mystery and Imagination, it was released concurrently. I'd love to purchase a record player but I have absolutely no place to put one. Well, not really. Vinyl is so yesterday.

I've honestly lost count of how many times I have said this on this forum, but just because one record company does one thing does not mean that others will follow suit and do the same.
"Tales of Mystery and Imagination" is owned by Universal Records who have a history of releasing single Blu-Ray audio discs since 2010 with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' "Damn the Torpedoes".
Sony on the other hand (who own "Eye in the Sky") have barely ventured into the realm of Blu-Ray audio at all. (I can only recount one such release from them, which is the CD/Blu-Ray release of "Amused to Death".) So I have never expected Sony to release a single Blu-ray Disc of "Eye in the Sky" or any of the Alan Parsons Project albums for that matter.

The fact that they are actually going to release the Blu-Ray on its own is something we should be thankful for, no matter how long it may take to come out after the box set.

The fact that they are actually going to release the Blu-Ray on its own is something we should be thankful for, no matter how long it may take to come out after the box set.

It could be up to a year or longer to get more people to purchase the lavish box set. Even if they really can't afford (rob Peter to pay Paul) or don't want it.

+1 on that. Does Sony own I Robot and/or Pyramid too?

Damn! They forgot me gold foil!!

image.jpg

After carefully looking at the content of the boxset, I have no problem waiting for a standalone blu-ray release. As a comprehensive package, you can't really fault the boxset even with included vinyl (which is superfluous for most). My problem is that as nice as this album is, it was never my favorite APP album nor was it a life defining recording for me. Getting a rather huge number of demo's, outttakes and "sound diaries" to wade through, not to mention the vinyl which I rarely listen to anymore, is just not appealing at such a high price. Having owned and enjoyed the Classic Records HDAD for several years, even another hi-rez stereo release holds limited appeal. No, the only reason to buy this again is for the 5.1 remix - I'm OK waiting for it at a more reasonable price and risking that it doesn't materialize.

Actually it's a HDAD.I have this and some others too.192/24 on one side and 96/24 on the other.Nice sounding,but I don't play stereo anymore.....

I got in touch with Bull Moose about this release. At the time I contacted them, they were not aware. They just got back to me and said to "stay tuned" as it seems they will be offering the deluxe. I then told them that a stand-alone was going to be offered as well.

I hope their price will be better than others...I'll gladly go with them and get rid of my Amazon UK order. :)

Well, as is usual for Amazon US, they are coming in (initially) much higher than others. I dunno why they do this....don't they know people shop around?

$129.98 Amazon US

There is still plenty of time for amazon to lower their price. (Cause the box set does not come out for another 10+ weeks)
Plus, if/when they do lower their price, myself and everyone else who has preordered the box set from them will get the lowest price between now and release date, and then with free two-day shipping, I'm good.

:)

I wonder ? if the reason for the preorders for weeks ahead of the official release date has anything to do with final pricing? I would think that the more of that particular item they sell, the lower (within reason) the final price on release date ends up. And, I mean, that 'final' price Amazon ends up charging you when they ship actual product. I know there's never a final price because days, weeks and months later, I've seen items priced all over the place, even fluctuating day to day.

Back