Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take any one of them, as long as they do the righteous thing and offer the blu-ray by itself, like they did with Tales, instead of making us pay through the nose for a bloated 5-disc 2-LP affair.

I'm so thankful for the member(s) on this board who communicated our desires to APP himself, who then lobbied with the higher powers to give us the blu-ray-only version of Tales.

"name the stakes" means tell us how much you're willing to bet.
I know that! :p
I just didn't want to commit to a bet. By the way, it's not clear to me what order you think they're gonna follow. :)

I know that! :p
I just didn't want to commit to a bet. By the way, it's not clear to me what order you think they're gonna follow. :)

I was responding to Perpendicular, who said "Let the 'guess gambling' begin!!!" I wanted him to make a wager. I'd guess rtbluray is probably right as far as release order.

Per MusicTAP:

On November 17, watch for the 35th Anniversary Edition of Eye In The Sky with 3CDs/BD-Audio/2LP/Bonus Flexi-Disc with excerpts.

Eye In The Sky (35th Anniversary Edition) – Alan Parsons Project

CD1 (Original Album Remastered and bonus tracks):

01. Sirius
02. Eye In The Sky
03. Children Of The Moon
04. Gemini
05. Silence And I
06. You’re Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned
07. Psychobabble
08. Mammagamma
09. Step By Step
10. Old And Wise
11. Sirius (Demo)
12. Old And Wise (Eric Woolfson Vocal)
13. Any Other Day (Studio Demo)
14. Silence And I (Eric Woolfson Vocal)
15. The Naked Eye
16. Eye Pieces (Classical Naked Eye)

CD2 (Bonus):

01. Eye in the Sky (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 1)
02. Eye in the Sky (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 2)
03. Eye in the Sky (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 3)
04. Eye in the Sky (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 4)
05. Children of the Moon (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 1)
06. Children of the Moon (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 2)
07. Gemini (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 1)
08. Gemini (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 2)
09. Gemini (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 3)
10. Gemini & Silence and I (Eric’s Songwriting Diary)
11. Silence and I (Eric’s Songwriting Diary)
12. Cooper’s Theme/ Silence and I chord beginnings (Eric’s Songwriting Diary)
13. Cooper’s Theme/ Silence and I beginnings (Eric’s Songwriting Diary)
14. Silence and I/ Fly Away (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 1)
15. Silence and I/ Fly Away (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 2)
16. Old and Wise (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 1)
17. Old and Wise (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 2)
18. Old and Wise (Eric’s Songwriting Diary 3)

CD3 (Demos, Alternate Takes, Single Edits):

01. Eye In The Sky (Ian 12 – string Acoustic Guitar Out Take)
02. Sirius and Eye In The Sky (Early Rough Mix)
03. Eye In The Sky (Eric Demo Verses – No Lyrics)
04. Children Of The Moon (12 – string Acoustic Guitar & Marching Band Snare Drum)
05. Children Of The Moon (Early Rough Mix With Eric Demo Vocal)
06. Gemini (Chris Rainbow Vocal Harmonies)
07. Silence And I (Orchestral Take With Eric Demo Vocal)
08. You’re Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned (Rough Mix Section – Different Guitar Solo)
09. You’re Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned (Rough Mix with Alan Demo Vocal – Few Lyrics)
10. Psychobabble (Orchestral Take)
11. Psychobabble (Rough Mix With Eric Demo Vocal)
12. Step By Step (12 – string Acoustic Guitars)
13. Step By Step (Rough Mix Backing Track – Extended Intro)
14. Old and Wise (Chris Rainbow Beach Boys Experiment)
15. Old & Wise (Eric Piano Track)
16. Eye in the Sky (Single Edit)
17. Old and Wise (Single Edit)
18. Psychobabble (Single Edit)

Blu-ray Audio:

2017 5.1 Surround Mix of Original Album
1982 HD Stereo Audio

2LP (Original Album Remastered cut at 45RPM)

FlexiDisc (Bonus Disc with Excerpts From Eye In The Sky):

01. Sirius
02. Eye In The Sky
03. Psychobabble
04. Old And Wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per MusicTAP:

On November 17, watch for the 35th Anniversary Edition of Eye In The Sky with 3CDs/BD-Audio/2LP/Bonus Flexi-Disc with excerpts...

As much as I admire this album, there needs to be a separate Blu-ray with the 5.1 mix, otherwise too rich for my blood. Great set for fans of immersion sets however.

I think that the uber-box sets are more salable for the Sgt Peppers and DSOTHM of the world. Titles such as Eye in the Sky would do nicely if packaged like the recent Jethro Tull sets of which I bought most; but please give us hi-res for the 5.1. Where do we go to beg for Alan Parsons to give us a standalone Blu-ray?

Where do we go to beg for Alan Parsons to give us a standalone Blu-ray?

Isn't that what happened last time? If I remember correctly, Tales of Mystery was originally announced as a box set only, but then someone here who knew Alan told him that a lot of fans wanted a stand-alone blu-ray, then Alan arranged for its release. (Am I remembering that right???) It would be great if that could happen again.

One obstacle I see in this instance though is that Tales was issued by Universal who had a history of releasing stand-alone blu-rays. Eye in the Sky on the other hand is distributed by Sony who haven't. :(

I think that the uber-box sets are more salable for the Sgt Peppers and DSOTHM of the world. Titles such as Eye in the Sky would do nicely if packaged like the recent Jethro Tull sets of which I bought most; but please give us hi-res for the 5.1. Where do we go to beg for Alan Parsons to give us a standalone Blu-ray?

The Blu-Ray WILL have high-res audio for both the stereo & 5.1 mixes. That's why the Blu-Ray format is being utilized, because it can handle the highest resolution audio, and it has the largest storage capacity to allow for the highest quality possible.

Now I know a lot of you want a single Blu-Ray release and won't get this title unless it's released that way, but privateuniverse is right in that we (and Alan) have a higher mountain to climb this time than last year because Sony have not released any single Blu-Ray audio discs. (The closest they came to that was back in 2015 with the CD/Blu-Ray edition of "Amused to Death".)

My biggest gripe is that this release could be a Jethro Tull or Marillion sized deluxe release if they would keep the vinyl away from the CDs and Blu-Ray, but I gotta say, those second CDs look great in terms of unreleased content, so even if a single Blu-ray Disc option is offered, I'm probably gonna stick with the box, for the right price...

;)

I would be right there with you on this. It's not just the price, it's the space. I have almost no room in my house for any more large boxed sets.

That price is a little better. After VAT is removed it comes out to $95 incl postage to the USA.

I will be curious to see what Deep Discount, Import CDs & Bull Moose will be charging.

Still to high at $95. Plus Parsons great job on the 2-channel mix makes the DVD-A sound oh so fantastic in faux 7.1 - better than some real 5.1 mixes :banana: and that's another purchasing deterrent for a casual fan of this album like me.

Again I seem to be being forced to buy some unwanted vinyl just to get a surround mix on Blu-ray but what on earth is the thinking behind a including a flexi-disc?

Back