Magenta - We Are Legend (New CD/DVD release!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you all know, I'm a huge fan of the 5.1 format, and committed to releasing all my catalogue in the format.
We Are Legend is available on the DVD-V mixed in DTS and DD... the album was recorded/mastered in 24bit 44.1...so no point in 24/96.
But I can assure you the DTS sounds great....also I'm more than happy to offer a download of FLAC or raw 24/44.1 wavs to anybody who buys the album, and contacts me with proof of purchase...
Im about to offer ALL (Magenta/Kompendium/Solo,etc) the back catalogue in 5.1 FLAC as digital downloads...Info to follow.
thanks
ROB REED

You lost my interest in the first bolded statement, but quickly regained it with the second bolded statement!
Thanks, Rob! :)

Only three tracks and still almost 50 minutes long?? Count me in! I've loved nearly all of Rob's various projects, and I'm really liking what I heard in the sample.

Im about to offer ALL (Magenta/Kompendium/Solo,etc) the back catalogue in 5.1 FLAC as digital downloads...Info to follow.
thanks
ROB REED

1487844050-3133-card.jpg

:banana:

Received my order of seven, 27 club and metamorphosis today from magenta web shop :banana::banana:
Also received an email a couple of days ago from Rob explaining reason for delay which was much appreciated. Will now be putting in preorder for we are legend (I know it's not released until 20th so won't be panicking over delivery :))

My copy of "We Are Legend" arrived today, but as I was on conference calls for most of it I haven't had a chance to even unwrap it until now! I also got the live "Chaos From The Stage" as well.

As you all know, I'm a huge fan of the 5.1 format, and committed to releasing all my catalogue in the format.
We Are Legend is available on the DVD-V mixed in DTS and DD... the album was recorded/mastered in 24bit 44.1...so no point in 24/96.
But I can assure you the DTS sounds great....also I'm more than happy to offer a download of FLAC or raw 24/44.1 wavs to anybody who buys the album, and contacts me with proof of purchase...
thanks
ROB REED
Hi Rob, do we send a PM on QQ or an email to... for this flac? assuming that is a 5.1 flac? I ordered from bandcamp BTW, screen name here is my IRL name.

Finally received my copy of We are Legend :banana: The 4 earlier Magenta 5.1 albums are among my most played surround albums and this new one will too be played a lot. Excellent songs and performance by the band.

As usual (from R. Reed) - a great surround-mix - but the fidelty is a step up from earlier albums, in dts this time, it sounds great! The recording is unusually low (in these loudness-war days), Replaygain in Foobar only lowers it with 2.5dB - and Foobar Dynamic Range Meter shows between 14-15 - these are great numbers!

Thank you for thinking of us who like our music dynamic and who can turn the volume knob ourselves - if we want it louder :banana:

Hi Rob, do we send a PM on QQ or an email to... for this flac? assuming that is a 5.1 flac? I ordered from bandcamp BTW, screen name here is my IRL name.

Robert, did you have any luck hearing back from Rob Reed?
I sent a email to Rob Reed via bandcamp and gave my order # but have not heard back as I would like the lossless flac as well.

I did get the cd\dvd and it is a nice sounding album.

I sent a email to Rob Reed via bandcamp and gave my order # but have not heard back as I would like the lossless flac as well.

Lossless would be great, do tell if you get it :)

Hi Pete, no answer yet from Rob. Keep us posted if and when you hear anything via bandcamp.

Hi Pete, no answer yet from Rob. Keep us posted if and when you hear anything via bandcamp.

Robert, I haven't received a reply but did listen to this album again today, I like it, job well done from Rob R. and band.
Very discreet and very clean recording.
For artists that you can trust to put as much effort into mixing skills into surround of their own music Rob Reed and Steven Wilson are 2 at the top of the pack.
Bruce Soord has come along way as well over past 2 years.

I tried emailing again by replying to a email from "[email protected]" that I had received about a live album coming up.
It took 2 replies as I stupidly forgot to specify 5.1 flac but got my reply today from Rob with files in his dropbox.
He asked not to share so will respect those wishes so try sending to same email, hopefully you get same results.

peter

Is there a poll listing for this release?

Did some searching cant find a thing, probably me but a shove in the right direction would be appreciated.

Back