Magenta - We Are Legend (New CD/DVD release!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Tigermoth Records are pleased to announce that the long overdue new Magenta album ‘We Are Legend’ will be released on April 20th 2017.

The album features 3 tracks, opening with the epic ‘Trojan’ which runs in at 26 minutes with ‘Colours’ and ‘Legend’ being the remaining songs. The CD will be accompanied by a DVD containing the whole album in 5.1 surround sound plus interviews and performance videos.

Rob Reed says:
“I always think that modern albums are too long. I love the format of the classic prog albums of the 70’s which were around 40-50 minutes, side one having a long epic and side 2 two containing two shorter tracks. Yes made ‘Relayer’ and ‘Close to the Edge’ in that format.”

‘We Are Legend’ can be pre-ordered now at
www.magenta-web.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEXkNBJOK8

The band will be performing much of the new album on the upcoming gigs.

Cardiff - The Globe - March 31st

CRS Wath - Montgomery Hall - April 1st

Bilston - The Robin 2 - April 2nd

London - Boston Music Room - April 8th

Southampton - Talking Heads - April 9th

St.Helens - The Citadel - May 13th

I believe they have released 5.1 before, but in lossy format. Same this time? Do we know who mixed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they have released 5.1 before, but in lossy format. Same this time? Do we know hos mixed it?

It's got to be Rob Reed who mixed the album in 5.1 surround.
I hope it's DVDA-V but we'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered! (Why not, I've got their other 3 5.1 albums... which are still available on their website CHEAP)

Fyi They have 4 albums in surround :
Metamorphosis
Seven
Chameleon
the 27 club

Loosely related question: Has anyone heard the mix on the live DVD by Magenta "Chaos From The Stage"?

Loosely related question: Has anyone heard the mix on the live DVD by Magenta "Chaos From The Stage"?

Yes! I play tested it. It's a great mix and superb sound quality for a live album, but it's pretty much "ambient" surround rather than discrete.

"We Are Legend", however, is fully discrete, completely immersive and a truly great work-out for your surround system! :banana:
Pretty much as you would expect from Rob. :)

Have any of you that have pre-ordered received acknowledgement of your order? I ask as I ordered 3 cd/dvd sets from them over a week ago and paid via PayPal, to date I have not received discs or even an acknowledgement of order. Tried ringing the number on the PayPal confirmation and that is an unrecognised number have also left a message on the contact form via the website and have received nothing from that either. Don't want to start a dispute via PayPal without trying other options first.

Have any of you that have pre-ordered received acknowledgement of your order? I ask as I ordered 3 cd/dvd sets from them over a week ago and paid via PayPal, to date I have not received discs or even an acknowledgement of order. Tried ringing the number on the PayPal confirmation and that is an unrecognised number have also left a message on the contact form via the website and have received nothing from that either. Don't want to start a dispute via PayPal without trying other options first.

I suspect that you haven't received any discs because it's not released until April 20th! :)

The web site/shop is run by Rob and a few friends - it's very much a "one man band" and I know he's been *very* busy trying to meet release deadlines. I would suggest chilling out until after the release.

Edit: I just realised that you may have ordered older albums? What exactly did you order? :)

I suspect that you haven't received any discs because it's not released until April 20th! :)

The web site/shop is run by Rob and a few friends - it's very much a "one man band" and I know he's been *very* busy trying to meet release deadlines. I would suggest chilling out until after the release.

I did not order we are legend I ordered three previous releases which show as in stock! was just trying to see if people who placed the pre-orders actually received an acknowledgment as I hadn't but now you say he is very busy I will try and relax:chill
I actually ordered seven, twenty seven club and metamorphosis cd/dvd sets.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll pass that on to Rob.

Many thanks Neil I suppose the concern was that having ordered and paid on 21/3 and now on 30/3 no order acknowledgement, no despatch notice, no discs ( today's post has been ) and not knowing how they operate I start to wonder if they may have got lost in post, or if order has been received ok. The frustrating thing is I could have got two of the three from Amazon with free next day delivery (and one of the disks is cheaper) but I am ok with that as long as I know all is in hand.

As you all know, I'm a huge fan of the 5.1 format, and committed to releasing all my catalogue in the format.
We Are Legend is available on the DVD-V mixed in DTS and DD... the album was recorded/mastered in 24bit 44.1...so no point in 24/96.
But I can assure you the DTS sounds great....also I'm more than happy to offer a download of FLAC or raw 24/44.1 wavs to anybody who buys the album, and contacts me with proof of purchase...
Im about to offer ALL (Magenta/Kompendium/Solo,etc) the back catalogue in 5.1 FLAC as digital downloads...Info to follow.
thanks
ROB REED

Back