Sib Hashian - Boston's drummer RIP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...mid-performance aboard a cruise ship.

Sailing off into the sunset. :sun

What a way to go!

RIP

Boston was my first arena concert, as documented here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...t-What-s-Yours&p=196255&viewfull=1#post196255

I think it was my first rock album (I bought Tubular Bells before that; more of a prog album...)

And I met my first serious girlfriend at the Boston concert, so there is alot of my growing up wrapped up in this band.

I am not familiar with why he left the band after two albums, but I was right with him, moving along to other musical tastes as I matured and Boston became (to me) less interesting. But there is no denying that the first Boston record was (and is) a landmark album which still holds up to repeated listenings after all these years.

Thank you Sib Hashian!

RIP, Sid.

A fine time to remind everyone that there was in fact a quad mix done for their first album, but it was too late in '76. I did in fact confirm this with Brad Delp, before he passed away. Apparently SQ test pressings were made, but none are known to exist.

The way to go...while playing (reminds me of Mark Sandman...the Morphine frontman)...

Too bad there was such bad blood regarding the "royalties" between them and Tom...

BTW, he left us while sailing in the "Bermuda Triangle"...spooky!
I didn't know he was still active...

He'll live forever-along with his HUGE 'fro, cause that 1st LP is a bona fide CLASSIC!!!

Terrible news.

I still remember his powerful drumming, Cap Center June 1979 !
Great show, great music and great musicians. :smokin

RIP Sir

Back