Anathema - The Optimist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I didn't remember buying this already.....Geez. I just ordered the damn DVD version. lmao
Guess I'll have 2 copies.

Gene, do you need some help? It seems like this is really starting to become a habit with you… :ugham:

Anyway, I'm still debating on whether to just go for the Blu-Ray instead of the deluxe edition on this one, mostly cause I'm constantly running out of shelf space, and every time I reorganize things, then something else comes along, and I'm back to square one… :confused:

Gene, do you need some help? It seems like this is really starting to become a habit with you… :ugham:

Anyway, I'm still debating on whether to just go for the Blu-Ray instead of the deluxe edition on this one, mostly cause I'm constantly running out of shelf space, and every time I reorganize things, then something else comes along, and I'm back to square one… :confused:

It would seem I DO need help. I have managed to create sub folders in my email...but my only folder names are like:
Blu-ray Audio
DVD-A
SACD multi
SACD stereo
Albums
Downloads

I guess I need to rethink my folder situation. Because I was thinking this was coming out on DVD only, I searched my DVD-A folder...didn't see it...panicked and ordered it. Only to then realize it was being offered in blu and DVD. Ugh... :)

It would seem I DO need help. I have managed to create sub folders in my email...but my only folder names are like:
Blu-ray Audio
DVD-A
SACD multi
SACD stereo
Albums
Downloads

I guess I need to rethink my folder situation. Because I was thinking this was coming out on DVD only, I searched my DVD-A folder...didn't see it...panicked and ordered it. Only to then realize it was being offered in blu and DVD. Ugh... :)

Looks like you need to consult this a lot more often… ;)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/entry.php?225-2017-SURROUND-RELEASES

This drops on Friday, and here's the back of the Blu-Ray (courtesy of amazon.com);
615OVaicGwL._SL1200_.jpg

In a (somewhat) rare move on my part, I decided to go for the single Blu-Ray edition, rather than for the deluxe set.
I have no need for the DVD-V disc, and I'm not sure how often I would spin the extra CD to make it a part of my collection.
amazon.com should be delivering the Blu-Ray to my mailbox on Friday!

:)

This drops on Friday, and here's the back of the Blu-Ray (courtesy of amazon.com);
615OVaicGwL._SL1200_.jpg

In a (somewhat) rare move on my part, I decided to go for the single Blu-Ray edition, rather than for the deluxe set.
I have no need for the DVD-V disc, and I'm not sure how often I would spin the extra CD to make it a part of my collection.

Thanks for the heads~up. Just pre~ordered the BD~A from AmazonUS for $12.90 delivered. An incredible deal!:banana: https://www.amazon.com/Optimist-Blu...&keywords=Anathema+the+optimist+blu+ray+audio

And I agree....who needs the boxset? I've gotten way too many this past month with another on the way [Soundgarden: Superunknown].

I'm really looking forward to hearing the reaction to this one when it starts landing on doorsteps.

Not only is it a great 5.1 mix by Bruce, but the album itself is quite stunning. IMHO one of Anathema's best!

First impressions after the first listen (Blu-ray DTS-MA 5.1): Great Mix, very discrete. All speakers are fully utilized (y). I like the flow of the songs a lot, need more rounds of listening though.

By the way: very good price on amazon.de right now for the deluxe edition, just 25 Euros. 2 x CD, DVD, Blu-ray, 10x10" book.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XSJKMJ7

Cheers,
Andreas

I got my Blu-ray version of The Optimist on Friday and the first track started off sounding just like the Kraftwerk 3-D I'd just finished listening to, very elecronik, then settled into a more recognisable Anathema or Ana_thema as they have it on the cover. the surround is very good indeed and I am glad to report that the music has a bit more get up and go than previous albums and kept my attention to the end, I've listened in surround twice now and once through headphones and am really liking it.

Music and surround are great! And I like how the center channel is used. :51banana:

Ryan, did your copy showup on Friday?

Here's one huge difference between two neighbouring countries.
You get yours delivered on time and we get a 1-2 month delay on our orders.
I was blindly hoping I would get it this week but my order now shows expect it around July 14th to Aug.5.
The price did drop on my order to 14.99 at least there is one positive instead of original 18.89 price but I would have rather had it in hand.

peter

I was blindly hoping I would get it this week but my order now shows expect it around July 14th to Aug.5.
The price did drop on my order to 14.99 at least there is one positive instead of original 18.89 price but I would have rather had it in hand.

peter
Yup really unfortunate for us Canadians! I had a chat with Amazon and looks like the initial batch of preorders are out and they are waiting for more to come in stock. Same situation with Blackfield v.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

peter

Yep, I got it on Friday as expected, and I am pleasantly surprised that it did arrive on time after so many people had issues getting their Blackfield V CD/Blu-Ray set in.
I have only had time to play the first 4 songs thus far, but it definitely seems like it could be Anathema's finest work of art yet!
(Also, Bruce is definitely getting better and better at 5.1 surround mixing, and this could also be one of his best mixes thus far!)

I just saw this Thread. Yesterday, I ordered the BD off of Amazon. I couldn't believe the low price on this disc. Is anyone making any money here besides the retailer?! :mad:@:

Springfield and the other song samples I heard had me thinking this could be a better album than Distant Satellites. My copy arrives this Tuesday. :)

I've never really gotten into Anathema at all but a while back the trailer they posted for this new album sounded much more like an album I might enjoy. So, I streamed it and was pretty pleased - enough to make me want to buy a copy.

I was tempted to just get the blu-ray, but the box for $30us shipped was too good a deal to pass up - and if for some reason Amazon.de doesn't follow through (sez 2-4 weeks) I'll just get the blu-ray.

Back