The Corrs: Unplugged DVD worth having! (Bob Clearmountain Mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hey guys! I gave the "Unplugged" DVD by The Corrs a listen today.

It's Dolby Digital only, but I find it to be a highly pleasant listen. The mix is active and discrete, with isolated instruments in all channels during all songs, with e.g. horns, pianos, strings in the rears. The sound quality leaves pretty much nothing to be desired either. I judge with my ears only (no waveforms or spectral analysis or whatever you call it ;-)), and it sounds dynamic and clear to me, solid bass and highs, and I don't hear any compression artifacts that would ruin the experience for me.

If you are familiar with The Corrs at all, you're undoubtedly aware of their iconic Unplugged performance and how the singles, especially "Radio", swept across radio stations in Europe in 1999. Not sure how big they hit in the Americas.

I really think this an overlooked little gem. I recommend this one!

Hey guys! I gave the "Unplugged" DVD by The Corrs a listen today.

It's Dolby Digital only, but I find it to be a highly pleasant listen. The mix is active and discrete, with isolated instruments in all channels during all songs, with e.g. horns, pianos, strings in the rears. The sound quality leaves pretty much nothing to be desired either. I judge with my ears only (no waveforms or spectral analysis or whatever you call it ;-)), and it sounds dynamic and clear to me, solid bass and highs, and I don't hear any compression artifacts that would ruin the experience for me.

If you are familiar with The Corrs at all, you're undoubtedly aware of their iconic Unplugged performance and how the singles, especially "Radio", swept across radio stations in Europe in 1999. Not sure how big they hit in the Americas.

I really think this an overlooked little gem. I recommend this one!

Thanks for the tip! :51banana:

I see on the back cover the surround mix was done by Bob Clearmountain.

Thanks for this picked up a copy for £2.50 delivered, a good listen indeed anyone know how the DVDA of In Blue compares?

In Blue is a no-brainer. A bona fide, top-notch studio surround mix, excellent sound quality too. If you like good, hand-made pop music, don't hesitate to buy this one.

Back