PopMarket go belly up?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
PopMarket is an online place that seems to focus on vinyl. I've bought from them for last couple years - every once in a while they have a great deal I can't pass up.
Early January I ordered a T-Rex vinyl and I kept wondering about it. I think it was a pre-release, so early March was release date, IIR.

Few days ago, I decide to go to their site and just see if there was any new info on that vinyl. And...... the web site is down. I read around the internet and many have commented they think PopMarket has gone bankrupt. Like, gone for good.

Eh......
Without a LOT of hassle, I'm not sure if I will get a refund or what. Worse yet, other than an email from PM thanking me for my order, I can't seem to find any trail telling me how I paid for said vinyl. Very, very odd.

I don't remember if PM offers Paypal, if they do, it seems likely I would have used that. Still, can't find any reference in Paypal about the transaction. Hell, maybe they never charged me? Though, I thought they charge upon transaction ordering.

Either way, something tells me I won't be getting that vinyl. Anyone else know anything about them?

Pop Market offered a pay through Amazon option which was always easiest for me.............so you too, proabably chose the pay by Amazon option.

So check your Amazon card or whatever card you use for Amazon. :banana:

You are welcome:cool:

Yeah loved me some Pop Market toooooooo............I used to get email for them all the time........So one day Snood used the email to check out a listing, was like koo might buy, next day use same link and says Pop Market down for reconstruction but will be back even better. :mad:@:

They never came back up and that was a couple to a few months ago:rolleyes:

They did have an odd habit of sending me others peoples orders from other stores - One time got one from Target another from Deep Discount - Pop Market boxes addressed to Snood but contents and order forms inside were other stores and other people's stuff. Think that happened 3 times. :rolleyes:

I used to buy many of my box sets from pop mart until they changed their postage pricing to Australia
Was so bloody expensive it was cheaper to pay full price on Amazon
That killed pop mart for me. I'm not surprised if they have closed down.
For any online store to survive they need to offer a decent postage cost.

PopMarket is an online place that seems to focus on vinyl. I've bought from them for last couple years - every once in a while they have a great deal I can't pass up.
Early January I ordered a T-Rex vinyl and I kept wondering about it. I think it was a pre-release, so early March was release date, IIR.

Few days ago, I decide to go to their site and just see if there was any new info on that vinyl. And...... the web site is down. I read around the internet and many have commented they think PopMarket has gone bankrupt. Like, gone for good.

Eh......
Without a LOT of hassle, I'm not sure if I will get a refund or what. Worse yet, other than an email from PM thanking me for my order, I can't seem to find any trail telling me how I paid for said vinyl. Very, very odd.

I don't remember if PM offers Paypal, if they do, it seems likely I would have used that. Still, can't find any reference in Paypal about the transaction. Hell, maybe they never charged me? Though, I thought they charge upon transaction ordering.

Either way, something tells me I won't be getting that vinyl. Anyone else know anything about them?

Well, well. I come home from work yesterday and there is a package from Popmarket and it's the T-Rex album. I don't get it....I mean I did get it! lmao Hmmm.....

:banana:

And - now their website seems to have some life. Though it does say they are the "new" popmarket and that all previous accounts could not be brought into the new site. They say you have to create a new account. All that sure sounds "fishy" to me. Not to mention, when I go to account, my account info is still there....so not sure what they are talking about. Again....fishy.... ??

Gene, I'm not sure we ever bought anything from Pop Market.

Sounds to me like they have a new owner. It's likely they may have new software. It sounds like some data was imported from the old system. Some was not.

Again, basing this on conjecture and little or no experience, I would not take any or all of these as danger signs. Likely some orders were caught in the shuffle. The new owner might have deeper pockets and/or a desire to streamline the process. Time will tell.

Having worked for a few companies that were sold, the transition is never pretty.

And - now their website seems to have some life. Though it does say they are the "new" popmarket and that all previous accounts could not be brought into the new site. They say you have to create a new account. All that sure sounds "fishy" to me. Not to mention, when I go to account, my account info is still there....so not sure what they are talking about. Again....fishy.... ??

Back