Reasonably priced CD-4 Phono Cartridge?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xdevo1973

Hi Everyone,

After years of enjoying SQ through my Lafayette SQW decoder, I finally took the plunge and got my hands on a Marantz CD-400B. I own a total of two Quadradisc albums-Seals & Crofts and Joni Mitchell. I currently have a Pickering cartridge with an elliptical stylus and believe it or not, it's picking up the 30khz carrier, activating the radar light and decoding the disc. I know that this is kind of a fluke and I still need the correct stylus/cartridge to do this right. I've looked online and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have recommendations for a cartridge and stylus that will do a good job and not break the bank?

One that frequently gets recommended is the Audio Technica AT440MLb. Works well for me. Also, I can recommend the AT150SA. Both are recently discontinued and are being replaced with other models with compatible replacement stylus. So can buy one and not worry about getting a replacement stylus in the future.

vinylguy4

Back