Quad Salvation Army - Army of Stars Series

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I notice on the Mark Anderson discography, that only one of the Army of Stars listed is the 1977 one with Burl Ives. Something I read tipped me off that more than just the one may be quad so I decided to look at the covers and labels on ebay. What do you know, all of them back to 74, possibly 73 say Quadraphonic on the jackets. So there is at least 4, maybe 5 quad Christmas Salvation Army records (something to add to my crate digging mental index). Maybe we should try to get the catalog numbers and get the discography updated.

I notice on the Mark Anderson discography, that only one of the Army of Stars listed is the 1977 one with Burl Ives. Something I read tipped me off that more than just the one may be quad so I decided to look at the covers and labels on ebay. What do you know, all of them back to 74, possibly 73 say Quadraphonic on the jackets. So there is at least 4, maybe 5 quad Christmas Salvation Army records (something to add to my crate digging mental index). Maybe we should try to get the catalog numbers and get the discography updated.

All QS encoded Quad I'm guessing.
Interesting.

I don't have all my resources with me but the ones I know about that are not listed are

Salvation Army -The Christmas Story. USR-9521 (Format LP)
SALVATION ARMY -THE ANGELS SING. VPAS-911 (Format LP)
Salvation Army -The Angels Sing, Army of Stars
SALVATION ARMY Special Christmas Program 1976, Army of Stars-The Christmas Story. No# (Format Unknown)

I don't have all my resources with me but the ones I know about that are not listed are

Salvation Army -The Christmas Story. USR-9521 (Format LP)
SALVATION ARMY -THE ANGELS SING. VPAS-911 (Format LP)
Salvation Army -The Angels Sing, Army of Stars
SALVATION ARMY Special Christmas Program 1976, Army of Stars-The Christmas Story. No# (Format Unknown)

Mark
You have made me look again at my LPs
I don,t know where I got the idea that they were in SQ
There is nothing on the LPs to say anything just Quadraphonic
I played one and it is just a hall sound so both decoders do a good job
But you are probably right if there is no logo they are QS
The 2 I have are

Children at Christmas 1977 KM 1340 (Burl Ives) (Roger Wagner)
Army of Stars 1975 (Happy Birthday America) USR 8144
They both say on the LP not for sale or broadcast

Back