You Pick What I listen To: This or That?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogmort

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Silly idea for a thread maybe, but why not? :p First pick wins.

Peter Gabriel - Play:The Videos OR Genesis - Selling England By The Pound?

Silly idea for a thread maybe, but why not? :p First pick wins.

Peter Gabriel - Play:The Videos or Genesis - Selling England By The Pound?

The former.
(That's a disc I used to love listening to until my latest receiver exhibited the DTS bug issue present on the original DVD pressing…)

The former.
(That's a disc I used to love listening to until my latest receiver exhibited the DTS bug issue present on the original DVD pressing…)

Thank you for participating. :) Apparently the original DVD had a quietness problem or something. The new DVD fixed that, but it has an authoring error where you have to re-select the proper 5.1 for each track. I did my own pain-steaking video encode to avoid that.

Almost done with Anesthetize. Should I pick Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans OR King Crimson - Lizard & Islands both?

Almost done with Anesthetize. Should I pick Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans OR King Crimson - Lizard & Islands both?

The latter, mostly for "Islands".
That's an album that has grown on me so much over the last few years, particularly after the current KC incarnation started playing both "The Letters" and "Sailor's Tale" after a very long absence from the stage.

:)

The latter, mostly for "Islands".
That's an album that has grown on me so much over the last few years, particularly after the current KC incarnation started playing both "The Letters" and "Sailor's Tale" after a very long absence from the stage.

:)

I think Lizard is probably King Crimson's weirdest album, but still really like it. Lots of really discrete weirdness in the surround mix too. Islands is pretty unique in it's own right too. Love the wink-wink nudge-nudge lyrics in Ladies of the Road. Sailor's Tale is awesome. Islands also has surprisingly deep and powerful bass in the surround mix. :upthumb

By the way, I didn't create this thread for just my own music choices, it was meant to be a communal thread. I thought it might be a fun game to narrow your choices down and then let someone else decide. :)

OK - I'll play...

Shall the Lizard listen to:
Anthony Phillips - The Geese & The Ghost or
The Vicar - Songbook #1

Feelin' like checking out a blu-ray concert: :smokin

Iron Maiden - Flight 666 OR Incubus - Alive at Red Rocks? :worthy

Last edited:
watch

Back