Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great song, but are there many others considered as classics after this? (I don't know, I only got introduced to this song in the last ten years or so.)

There were two moderate hit singles to follow this one from the same album, --"Sweet Surrender" and "Aubrey" after which the band split up and then another hit single a few years later from a reunion album.

The reunion album was released after "Best of Vol 2"

Vol 2 is essentially the 3 "Guitar Man" singles and album cuts from the earlier albums

Changing from 'Bread'....

Many years ago a company called 'TVT Records' did a series of TV theme tunes on CD.

My suggestion is that this series be continued using SACD as:- TV - The Dolby Surround Years, and TV - The 5.1 Era

Personally I would love to hear full versions of these surround TV themes...

Any comments or thoughts....????

Many years ago a company called 'TVT Records' did a series of TV theme tunes on CD.

My suggestion is that this series be continued using SACD as:- TV - The Dolby Surround Years, and TV - The 5.1 Era

Not only does that idea not fit into Audio Fidelity's modus operandi, but that would probably be a licensing nightmare too...

The question would be how many of the TV Themes were available already mixed into 4 or 5.1 Surround Sound.
I don't really have any idea how many would qualify in that sense.

My suggestion: although it may not be specifically what you're looking for, here's a second best option: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=3883

Rousing performances in state of the art SURROUND sonics with some startling sound effects.

For a complete track listing & order link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKO40C/?tag=hraudio-20

Another option, albeit on a Stereo RBCD but nonetheless thrilling, well recorded performances: https://www.amazon.com/Pops-Roundup...&sr=1-1&keywords=Arthur+Fiedler:+Pops+Roundup

OK, this keeps showing up in my "Settings" panel as having unread posts, but there are no new posts. No matter how many times I view the thread, it never changes. What's up with that?

EDIT: Now that I have posted, it has dropped off. This has happened before with other threads. Mods: feel free to delete this post/move to a new thread about technical issues.

Last edited:
Sometimes the longer threads on QQ have problems displaying the last page.
This one looks OK now.

The issue has to do with moderators moving posts from one thread to another and shortening the original thread in the process.

It seems to only manifest itself as a problem when it's a thread you've posted in personally. It seems that if the board software records a thread as, say, 30 posts, and then it's reduced to 28, it won't mark itself as 'read' until the length of the thread reaches its original length (30) or more, for example.

I think it's imprudent to nix any possibility of future surround projects from Audio Fidelity. Remember, AF's CEO, Marshall Blonstein is a fan of multichannel. But he doesn't control the financial aspects of the company which probably didn't like the cost aspect ratio of the various mch projects versus its diminishing returns.

I have a sneaking' suspicion we'll hear more from AF in terms of surround SACDs in the very near future.

Let's just say that a little bird [named bmoura] hinted as such.

How's that for a tweet?

I think it's imprudent to nix any possibility of future surround projects from Audio Fidelity. Remember, AF's CEO, Marshall Blonstein is a fan of multichannel. But he doesn't control the financial aspects of the company which probably didn't like the cost aspect ratio of the various mch projects versus its diminishing returns.

I have a sneaking' suspicion we'll hear more from AF in terms of surround SACDs in the very near future.

Let's just say that a little bird [named bmoura] hinted as such.

How's that for a tweet?

I'm known as a very positive and optimistic person. In this case, I play the realistic card and I'll only change my tune when a new title is physically released and not before. In the meantime, I don't think we'll see a new Quad SACD from Audio Fidelity anytime soon.

I'm known as a very positive and optimistic person. In this case, I play the realistic card and I'll only change my tune when a new title is physically released and not before. In the meantime, I don't think we'll see a new Quad SACD from Audio Fidelity anytime soon.

Simon, I couldn't agree more regarding your positive nature [as you're known in some circles in Quebec City as Saint Simon] but IMO, 2017 is shaping up to be a lackluster year for 'anticipated' multichannel releases after a fairly steady few years of Quad and 5.1 releases from unexpected sources such as Rhino, SONY Japan and especially Dutton Vocalion and yes, about 30 mch QUAD/5.1 releases from Audio Fidelity.

Sadly, the gravy train has slowed or come nearly to a halt but that old QQ cheer that Hope Springs Eternal remains constant.

Whether any of the aforementioned companies release more SACD/DVD~A/DVD~V/BD~A fare is ANYONE's guess but as we're nearing THE END of physical disc replication, I still hold out HOPE that a few more surprises will develop.

To rephrase an old American Standard: In this world of ordinary Stereo, I'm glad there is YOU, multichannel!

I agree with previous comments that we have behind us a miniature era of plenty as far as multi-channel releases. Interestingly, I found that as the number of offerings increased, my ordering of discs narrowed such that I was adhering more to my tastes rather than pursuing more adventurous fare which I did when releases were more sparse. Fingers are crossed that the surprise and delight I have received from new releases will continue, albeit at a less plentiful clip. Fingers crossed, hands folded, knees bent, standing on one leg, that digital physical media keeps going 5-10 more years.

Yes, the Warner Brothers CD-4 Quadradiscs created by Tom Nishida at the JVC Cutting Center in Hollywood are all very special Quad treats.
Among my favorites from the '70s Quad era to be sure!

And seriously, Brian, ALL of these Warner QUADs are unavailable for hi res physical disc QUAD release by any of the reissue companies?:(

Alice Cooper and America were both on Warner Bros. and released on SACD by Audio Fidelity.

That's correct.

In addition to Hearts by America and Muscle of Love by Alice Cooper, other Warner Music Quad Mixes released by Audio Fidelity on Surround Sound SACDs include Best of the Doors, Colors of the Day: Best of Judy Collins and Spectrum by Billy Cobham.

https://audiofidelity.net/category/multichannel

That's correct.

In addition to Hearts by America and Muscle of Love by Alice Cooper, other Warner Music Quad Mixes released by Audio Fidelity on Surround Sound SACDs include Best of the Doors, Colors of the Day: Best of Judy Collins and Spectrum by Billy Cobham.

https://audiofidelity.net/category/multichannel

I was more or less referring to the unreleased Doobie Brothers, Joni Mitchell, Seals and Croft, The Eagles, Maria Muldaur and other former CD~4 Warner releases which are seemingly unavailable for QUAD SACD reissue. And there are a slew of other worthy Warner QUAD titles which, IMO, are worthy candidates for hi res physical disc release. I know Adam [fredblue] and other posters have them on CD~4 vinyl.

Alice Cooper and America were both on Warner Bros. and released on SACD by Audio Fidelity.

And The Doors, Bread, Judy Collins, too.

I've heard AF is simply slowing way down on MC releases, I read after a comment from Brian that they have stopped completely. Then someone said Warner Music wants no more of their quad masters reissued. But yet I have seen nothing official stating this as fact. Warner was previously not open to handing over 5,1 material, but was ok with the vintage 4.0 stuff being licensed out.

I can't believe it's over, not until Marshall from AF says that surround is done and finished there.

I'm an optimist, and I can imagine an old request sent two years ago for a quad master license - all of a sudden gets approved, and the tape located. Too good to pass on, and so we unexpectedly get another prime one, like out of the blue.

Back