20% Off exaSound Multichannel DSD DAC Sale at AXPONA in Chicago

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
exaSound has a 20% Off Sale on their e38 Multichannel DAC and their e32 Stereo DAC with DSD 256 and FLAC Multichannel files playback during this weekend's AXPONA 2017 Audio Show in Chicago.
Visit Room 604 to hear their DACs and get the 20% discount.

Also of interest at AXPONA 2017, the launch of the new Sonoma Acoustics M1 Electrostatic Headphone System. The Sonoma Acoustics team includes members of the original SACD Project launch team in the US (David Kawakami, Dr. Andrew Demery and Gus Skinas). Pre-orders for the M1 are available from Acoustic Sounds.

exaSound 20 Percent Off sale at AXPONA 2017.png

https://twitter.com/exaSound/status/855511638245613568
http://news.acousticsounds.com/post...partner-for-headphone-system-launch-at-axpona

That is a nice discount. I recently bought the e38 through nativedsd, as they are located in The Netherlands as well. That avoides a heavy VAT/customs bill. The e38 arrived two days ago. Listening to stereo at the momwnt on toslink, as I have not received the log in yet to download the drivers. Sounds good so far :)

That is a nice discount. I recently bought the e38 through nativedsd, as they are located in The Netherlands as well. That avoides a heavy VAT/customs bill. The e38 arrived two days ago. Listening to stereo at the momwnt on toslink, as I have not received the log in yet to download the drivers. Sounds good so far :)

Congratulations on your new exaSound e38 Multichannel DAC with DSD 256! I have the older model, the exaSound e28, here.
The exaSound DACs are surprisingly small when you consider their capabilities and features.

Have you selected your 6 Free DSD Downloads from NativeDSD? (part of the deal at their "gear store").
http://gear.nativedsd.com/product/exasound-e38-dac/

Hi Brain, thank you. I found myself playing less and less discs, to actually none at all. All was file based for a while, so the next step was to get a great multichannel dac. Exasound was one of the options. If it wasn't for you and ted_b I probably wouldn't have known about exa. So thank you both for that.

It really is a small machine :) It resides on top of the Oppo 105 for now. Quite a difference in size :) As said, no multichannel yet. I guess George is busy with the show, or just enjoying his weekend :)

I have not selected the free albums yet. What I understand is that Nativedsd has to link the gear order to the dsd shop account. I will check with Jonas after the weekend on how that works. I need to browse the catalogue , as I am not that familiar with their offerings as I am more of a prog and sympho fan. Those are not much available in dsd. But it never hurts to expand the horizon with other types of music :) Do you have any recommendations?

Hi Brain, thank you. I found myself playing less and less discs, to actually none at all. All was file based for a while, so the next step was to get a great multichannel dac. Exasound was one of the options. If it wasn't for you and ted_b I probably wouldn't have known about exa. So thank you both for that.

It really is a small machine :) It resides on top of the Oppo 105 for now. Quite a difference in size :) As said, no multichannel yet. I guess George is busy with the show, or just enjoying his weekend :)

I have not selected the free albums yet. What I understand is that Nativedsd has to link the gear order to the dsd shop account. I will check with Jonas after the weekend on how that works. I need to browse the catalogue , as I am not that familiar with their offerings as I am more of a prog and sympho fan. Those are not much available in dsd. But it never hurts to expand the horizon with other types of music :) Do you have any recommendations?

There are a lot of interesting albums over at NativeDSD. Some suggestions:
  • David Elias (Acoustic) - 2 Surround Sound DSD albums and several Stereo DSD Downloads not available on SACD
  • Jazz at the Pawnshop in DSD256 (Jazz) - Legendary recording, a DSD 256 purchase gets you the DSD128 and DSD64 editions for free. Fun way to test out your new e38.
  • Bill Evans - Some Other Time, The Lost Sessions in DSD256 (Jazz) - Newly discovered recordings by pianist Bill Evans - not on SACD
  • Riley - Four Four Three (Classical) - A 360 degree Surround Sound DSD recording, eclectic music of Terry Riley - not on SACD
  • Raizes - Breno Viricimo & Friends (World, Bossa Nova) - Mellow bossa nova music with soft vocals and subtle percussion - not on SACD
  • In Summer - Paulien van Schaik (Jazz) - Excellent Jazz Trio + Lead Female Vocals
  • Lavinia Meijer - Metamorphosis, The Hours (Classical) - Music of Philip Glass arranged for harp, excellent
  • Ilya Itin - Debussy Preludes in DSD256 (Classical) - Excellent piano recording by the 5/4 Productions Team (former Telarc engineering staff) - not on SACD

This unit is excellent :) The sound is better compared to the Oppo 105EU I used before for stereo and multichannel. More detailed and balanced sound, bass also more defined. I feed it with Jriver. Happy with the investment :)

Great news.

Now you have many hours of fine listening ahead! :)

Back