Glitches caused by tagging?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JanBakker

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi guys, I discovered a (very audible and visible) glitch on Ayreon The Source track 3 after ripping it to flac.
Ripped it again and it was good this time so tagged the files in Tagscanner and played it again in Foobar,
now Foobar shows the glitch but I don't hear it anymore.

So I ripped it again tagging the whole thing in Audiomuxer (before I tagged the files after ripping, with Tagscanner)
and now the (visible and audible) glitch is gone. Looks like the tagging caused the glitch, never experienced this before.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Hmmm, interesting. I never had any such problems.

The way I rip music is either through DVDAE, in which case I put in the track info before ripping, or in cases where it would make sense to tag afterwards, I tag the files in VLC.

Hmmm, interesting. I never had any such problems.

The way I rip music is either through DVDAE, in which case I put in the track info before ripping, or in cases where it would make sense to tag afterwards, I tag the files in VLC.

I do that too but this time couldn't rip track 8 using DVDAE so thanks to Spock, who also had problems with that I used MakeMKV to create an mkv file and ripped it with Audiomuxer without problems. For me this was also the first time I had this problem :confused:.

I do that too but this time couldn't rip track 8 using DVDAE so thanks to Spock, who also had problems with that I used MakeMKV to create an mkv file and ripped it with Audiomuxer without problems. For me this was also the first time I had this problem :confused:.

Possible the disk file becomes fragmented when you add the tag info, and takes longer to read than the original contiguous file?

Tagging should not cause glitches..

I suspect it was a glitch when you ripped it.

I've been getting odd behaviour with my PC since the last Windows 10 update a week or so ago, things like the screen not refreshing properly, or having to do a mouse click twice, but its inconsistent, so most of the time it works well.

Back