Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Derek, I'd recommend purchasing Misplaced Childhood, as you like the Gabriel/Hackett era Genesis, its got a 'similar' feel, it is different, but excellent melodic prog rock, nice guitar too.

Not familiar with Marillion at all I'm afraid. :couch

But from reading past posts they seem to be akin to Genesis ? The Peter Gabriel years (+Steve Hackett) ?? :rolleyes:

Is this a fair assumption ? Or can a fan further enlighten me. NOT ALL,,,, but alotta 80's artists----well tend to disappoint.

I purchased Pixies-Doolittle on Duncan 's informative say so and am pleased I did so. So there's that. :smokin

It's very "easy" to appreciate 80s Marillion imo, nice songwriting with the most awesome combo of sophisticated symphonic rock with straight pop/rock, great keyboards, amazing Gilmourish guitar and lyrics that are considerably more thoughtful compared to the general 80s act.

Misplaced Childhood is all about an acid trip Fish took and then wrote about. At least that is what I heard.

Looking forward to this release,"Misplaced Childhood" was on heavy rotation on my record player in the eighties and quite often in later years.
And yes, I can verify the content in Warner Music Norway's press release, being a norwegian myself :)

Fish-era Marillion albums are the type that didn't fully grab me at first, but got better with each successive playing. I put them right up there with ELP and Yes on my list. The musicianship isn't at the same level as those other two, but the songwriting and style are unlike anything else I've heard.

For those who aren't familiar with Marillion, don't feel bad...I've never heard early Genesis! I guess I should.

Thanks Duncan, Neil P, Gos, and others who have piped in with their opinions. It's great to hear from this community of well informed prog fans :D(y)

It's a wonderful thing , to receive reliable information from equally wonderful QQ music lovers.

I suppose this will now become a "MUST BUY " surround title for this Prog Rock Surround fan. :D

For sure, Burning Shed should list this one as they have a history of selling Marillion titles over the years. I don't see it yet though. Nor do I find on Amazon UK yet.

I am in of course as this is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Favorite moments are the Bible Black section of Bitter Suite and Childhood's End?.

It is worth it to me but I was hoping for a $35.00 to $40.00 price point to reel in some casual listeners.

Its a public holiday here in the UK today, so no important official statements today, just the usual boring stuff from politicians! Should be something tomorrow if the grape-vine is accurate.

For sure, Burning Shed should list this one as they have a history of selling Marillion titles over the years. I don't see it yet though. Nor do I find on Amazon UK yet.

I am in of course as this is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Favorite moments are the Bible Black section of Bitter Suite and Childhood's End?.

It is worth it to me but I was hoping for a $35.00 to $40.00 price point to reel in some casual listeners.

Amazon US always starts high. I could see them dropping to $49 or so...who knows I guess.

I'm also certain the price will drop.
On Amazon.com, "Songs from the Wood" started around $50 and has now fallen to $37, but still, for me, $60 is definitely a good price for this stunning set.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marillion's manager just announced on Facebook that all the band's EMI catalog will be receiving this deluxe treatment over the next few years.

Marillion's manager just announced on Facebook that all the band's EMI catalog will be receiving this deluxe treatment over the next few years.
Could you please post the link to this announcement?

Could you please post the link to this announcement?

https://www.facebook.com/ljordachemarillion

marillion.JPG

Back