Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine! Woohoo!

img_0414.jpg

Dr. Check your order on their website.........Snood's was in a completed status, not knowing what exactly that meant, Snood sent them an email about 4 days ago.........no reply as of yet either, but did receive me bundle of joy yesterday without any notice or emails........think someone had mentioned that fish emails were going into the spam folder. :yikes

So hopefully out of the blue you will receive yours as Snood did his.

I can find no link to check my order on the website. I did not sign up for an account, fyi.

I've been through my spam folder repeatedly, no luck.

***UPDATE***

They responded. Set was posted last Tuesday. Should be here soon.

Last edited:
Gonna take at least one more deep listen before I vote, but my impression at this point is that this package, 5.1 mix included, is very solid. I'm super-happy with it.
I'm going through the CDs now in the car. Booklet is great. Interview and bonus videos. Very well-done all around.

I sent an email back to Racket thanking them for their explanation, and told them that none of us who have responded so far received any email about the stickers. I'll post their reply if I get one.

Update: It arrived today in good shape. I like the silver ink for the signature.

fNX6QSP.jpg

Aweeeeeeeeeesome - Snood's Banana Army :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: was about to declare banana war
on Fish!!:yikes

Last edited:
Got my copy today from Racket Records, sticker on the cover.
I took the parcel from the post office in the morning and it spent the whole day in the car (black car, 33 degrees today). Back home, I realised the glue was warm and very gently I was able to remove the sticker without damaging the paint on the cover.
If you don't have a black car or a sunny weather you may want to try with a hair drier ;-)

Yes! I blasted the sticker with the hair dryer on high for about 30 seconds and it came off easily.

It would have been nice to have subtitles on the documentary! I could barely understand most of what Fish said, and a lot of what the other guys said. I got the gist of it though. Interesting stuff.

It would have been nice to have subtitles on the documentary! I could barely understand most of what Fish said, and a lot of what the other guys said. I got the gist of it though. Interesting stuff.
And you're a native English speaker! That comforts me a lot.
Most of what they say in the interview is written on the booklet, I was able to catch up some names from people or places they mentioned once I read the notes.

Don't try watching the BBC comedy Rab C Nesbitt then! :ugham: I was once watching it with my Dad and said to him did they just say what I thought they said, and he said Yes. I said how have they got away with it then, he said because we're living in England! (I'm Scottish but lived south of the border most of my life)

Great news today -August 9, '17
The band and producer Dave Meegan are filming a documentary segment for the "Brave" deluxe version due next year (hopefully with subtitles this time).

If you liked the "Misplaced Childhood" 5.1, I fully suspect Wilson's treatment of "Brave" is going to blow us away. A far darker piece with incredible depth and layers.

Great news today -August 9, '17
The band and producer Dave Meegan are filming a documentary segment for the "Brave" deluxe version due next year (hopefully with subtitles this time).

If you liked the "Misplaced Childhood" 5.1, I fully suspect Wilson's treatment of "Brave" is going to blow us away. A far darker piece with incredible depth and layers.

Excellent news Brave should lend itself to surround even more than Childhood, much denser and complex and and very symphonic. Having said that I really want the rest of the Fish era ASAP, having said that I hope the next Hogarth surround is Marbles!

Agreeing with Marbles being a good one to have 5.1 treatment.

Maybe I missed it but have they actually said which 8 they are actually going to do as if its 8 in chronological order Marbles(13th album) would not even be one of the albums done.

Other thing is it would be a deal breaker for me if current go to person that Marillion has used to do 5.1's does rest of the catalogue as SW said he is only doing the 2 and smartly they are putting out the SW mixed ones first.
Really curious who else they will choose to do the other six 5.1's.

peter

Agreeing with Marbles being a good one to have 5.1 treatment.

Maybe I missed it but have they actually said which 8 they are actually going to do as if its 8 in chronological order Marbles(13th album) would not even be one of the albums done.

Other thing is it would be a deal breaker for me if current go to person that Marillion has used to do 5.1's does rest of the catalogue as SW said he is only doing the 2 and smartly they are putting out the SW mixed ones first.
Really curious who else they will choose to do the other six 5.1's.

peter

The 8 deluxe edition reissues being released are for the first 8 Marillion albums, the ones originally owned by EMI and now owned by Warner Music.
That covers the albums from "Script for a Jester's Tear" to "Afraid of Sunlight".

I should also point out that SW did not definitively say that he was finished with the Marillion reissues after "Brave". He just cannot guarantee the band (or us) that he will have the time to mix the others in 5.1 surround depending on how his own schedule lines up with the reissues.

Back