Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just emailed a complaint to Racket regarding the issue with the promo stickers and the inadequate packing job resulting in bent corners. For whatever its worth.

I'm currently contacting amazon.com customer service to ask why my order has not arrived yet (let alone been shipped out.)
It's "In Stock", I preordered it on May 1st, and I'm a Prime Member, which means I should receive my item on the day it is released (or immediately afterwards.)
They are currently saying it won't arrive until this coming Thursday.
Ridiculous...

EDIT: Just got off the phone with amazon customer service, and they upgraded my shipping to "One-Day Shipping" at no extra charge so that way I can now receive the item on Tuesday. Still not the best solution (I really wanted it today to listen to over the weekend) but it'll have to do.

:)

I'm currently contacting amazon.com customer service to ask why my order has not arrived yet (let alone been shipped out.)
It's "In Stock", I preordered it on May 1st, and I'm a Prime Member, which means I should receive my item on the day it is released (or immediately afterwards.)
They are currently saying it won't arrive until this coming Thursday.
Ridiculous...

EDIT: Just got off the phone with amazon customer service, and they upgraded my shipping to "One-Day Shipping" at no extra charge so that way I can now receive the item on Tuesday. Still not the best solution (I really wanted it today to listen to over the weekend) but it'll have to do.

That's gotta be aggravating. Did they explain the delay in shipping?

That's gotta be aggravating. Did they explain the delay in shipping?

Not really, but it looks like they didn't receive their allotment in until today, which is fine if they got delayed in getting it, however, the fact that I had to call them to move things up is just ridiculous.
Thankfully this doesn't happen that often.

On the bright side, Amazon does a great job packing securely and yours will probably be shrink wrapped with the sticker on the outside.

On the bright side, Amazon does a great job packing securely and yours will probably be shrink wrapped with the sticker on the outside.

Sometimes the items I receive from them are packaged very well.
Other times, they could do a better job.
As for the sticker, that's not up to amazon in terms of how it's placed on the product, but we will find out in a few days!

Has anybody ordered from Fish's webshop and received anything yet? I ordered in May and so far there was absolutely no response, no confirmation or feedback wahatsoever. And of course no discs as of now. Pretty disappointed (not to mention that I paid about 10 £ more than amazon is asking...)

Has anybody ordered from Fish's webshop and received anything yet? I ordered in May and so far there was absolutely no response, no confirmation or feedback wahatsoever. And of course no discs as of now. Pretty disappointed (not to mention that I paid about 10 £ more than amazon is asking...)

Mine arrived yesterday. I also had an e-mail from the shop on the 3rd June stating:

"We're aware that recently some of our customers didn't receive a
confirmation email regarding the preorder of the upcoming Misplaced
Childhood reissues.

To help out, we wanted to make sure that you know that we have your
pre-order on our system and will be working to make sure that you
receive your copy."

Did you not get this e-mail from them? If not, I would suspect that there's something seriously wrong with your order (assuming you've checked your spam folder(s)?) and that you need to contact them.

...actually, I just noticed that Gmail's spam filters have decided that all e-mails from the Fishheads Club are spam (!) so I was lucky to get the June one.

This suggests that it's well worth checking your spam folder(s) for any missed communication.

Received my copy and the hype sticker was on the partially torn (Where it was signed by Fish) shrink wrap rather than the cover

Yay, my copy arrived in Holland today, from Fish's website. Signed by the man himself, which is a nice extra.

The cellophane was opened just enough so he could sign it, but the sticker was still on the cellophane and not on the actual box, as some people have pointed out.
Well packaged so it got here undamaged.

Haven't had time to listen yet, but will make time for that!
Chuffed!

Attachments

• mc_I.jpg
    mc_I.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 299
I don't know diddly squat about Marillion, except I like Childhood and Jester's Tear from the good ol' days and I like F.E.A.R. well enough from the latter years.
Those ordering from Racket (like me) get 4 signatures and those ordering from Fish get 1? Does anybody know who the other 4 signatures are? Is Fish 1 of the 4 or are these completely separate distribution schemes? Thanks for any clarifying info! :confused:

Fish is the lead singer, but on his own these days. The four signature's are the other members of the band.

I don't know diddly squat about Marillion, except I like Childhood and Jester's Tear from the good ol' days and I like F.E.A.R. well enough from the latter years.
Those ordering from Racket (like me) get 4 signatures and those ordering from Fish get 1? Does anybody know who the other 4 signatures are? Is Fish 1 of the 4 or are these completely separate distribution schemes? Thanks for any clarifying info! :confused:

Fish left Marillion in 1988 to pursue a solo career. Marillion recruited Steve Hogarth as lead vocalist and have continued with no other line up changes since then. Fish markets his own material via his own site and Marillion sell theirs via their own website. Re releases of Fish era material have been sold by both parties over the years. With this release, copies bought via Fish's site have been signed by him, and copies via Marillion.com signed by Steve Rothery / Mark Kelly / Pete Trewavas / Ian Mosley, the other four band members who played on Misplaced..., all of whom remain in the band today.

Mine finally arrived today - I was a little nervous when I saw the flimsy plastic mailer but the goods were inside a nice cardboard box (much like the ones Burning Shed uses) so all is good, no mashed up corners or anything. No shrink-wrap, sticker on the front of the package.

Will be taking the Mrs out for dinner today but hopefully when we get home I'll be able to give it a listen.

I have heard nothing after ordering, but it sounds like people are still receiving their orders regardless.

I have heard nothing after ordering, but it sounds like people are still receiving their orders regardless.

Snood got this email from Fish on June 3rd:

Dear Snood,

We're aware that recently some of our customers didn't receive a
confirmation email regarding the preorder of the upcoming Misplaced
Childhood reissues.

To help out, we wanted to make sure that you know that we have your
pre-order on our system and will be working to make sure that you
receive your copy.

Your order number for the shop is 33!!!. The items are:

MISPLACED CHILDHOOD (DELUXE) CD/BLURAY VERSION

If you need any more information, you can check your order status by
signing into your account in the store (https://shop.fishheads.club).
You can also use the Contact Us form there.

As you can imagine, we're receiving a large number of queries about
these so we ask that you wait for all of the editions to be sent out
before contacting us to chase the order.

Finally, thanks for ordering directly from Fish. We all appreciate it
and your patience while we get these items out to you.

All the best,

The Fish shop staff

Back to SNOOD - My status on the website says completed.......whatever that means :mad:@:

Yet to receive my Racket Records order in California. Got the shipping notice on the 14th, so I'm not really expecting it to arrive anytime short of next Friday, but I did have hope to receive it sooner. Oh, well.

EDIT: Received Monday 7/24/17. Multiple crushed corners, some print rubbed off the back. Able to remove the sticker without difficulty and minimal lifting of print from the front. Not happy about condition, but the content is much more important to me.

Last edited:
Back