Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I know. Marillion is another band I've simply never even heard. Heard of, yes. Never listened... Sounds like this album is a classic.

OMG This is amazing. It's on my SW 5.1 remix wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, I know. Marillion is another band I've simply never even heard. Heard of, yes. Never listened... Sounds like this album is a classic.
I bet you've heard their biggest hit (kayleigh) on the radio more than once. It's not their best song IMHO.
Start with this album, Script from a Jester's Tear or Clutching at Straws from Fish's era and try also Marbles from their second period

I bet you've heard their biggest hit (kayleigh) on the radio more than once. It's not their best song IMHO.
Start with this album, Script from a Jester's Tear or Clutching at Straws from Fish's era and try also Marbles from their second period

OK, I just played the song on Youtube and no, never heard it. But after listening...I know why. 2 reasons.

1. 1985 (I was a metal head and also partying beyond what is humanly necessary)
2. It reminds me of Genesis, and I used to hate them...of course, now I love their music

I would have never dreamed this is what Marillion sounds like. :)

This is absolutely fantastic news!!! I hope more Marillion gets the SW surround treatment!

I would have never dreamed this is what Marillion sounds like. :)

I don't think this song is very representative of Marillion at all. It is a good enough song, and I can understand why it was popular, but there are much better tracks on Misplaced Childhood.

From the Fish era "Clutching at Straws" is my personal favorite.

From the Hogarth era, "Seasons End", "Brave", "Afraid of Sunlight" and "Marbles" are the best, IMO. The new album "F E A R" is pretty darn good too.

A Steven Wilson 5.1 version of this is a must buy. Its a classic that has been on my wish list for quite some time.

Time for a few bananas... :banana::banana::banana:

"I loved them when I was thirteen" A Steven Wilson quote on Marillion a few years back :)

This is a -must buy- for me. I can't even begin to count how many times I've listened to Marillion's records.

:yikes I saw them at the last ever gig with Fish, and I'll be seeing them at the Cropredy Festival later this year with Steve Hogarth singing - saw them a couple of years ago and they are very good live.

Its funny I'd dismissed them because I loved Genesis, then a friend said listen to this, didn't say who it was, and had put on Script For A Jester's Tear and I was hooked.

2. It reminds me of Genesis, and I used to hate them...of course, now I love their music

I'm on the Marillion mailing list and nothing so far on the web-site. So I've e-mailed some people who are close to Marillion, and asked how real it is. I don't want to be disappointed!

I'm on the Marillion mailing list and nothing so far on the web-site. So I've e-mailed some people who are close to Marillion, and asked how real it is. I don't want to be disappointed!
After seeing it posted on Warner's site I feel much more confident!
I shared it too with The Web Spain and they knew nothing either

Back