How were you influenced in your Audiophile life ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDave

500 Club - QQ All-Star
For me the early 70's a friend's system was my 1st indoctrination into premium sound. His setup was mainly Pioneer with equipment sent from Vietnam from a brother in service. Big speakers with the leather string and beaded grills, turntable, receiver, all pioneer except for his Akai reel to reel.
He upgraded to a Tandberg receiver that was always in for service, but when working sounded much better then the Pioneer that's when I knew there was a substantial difference in sound reproduction compared to what I was using. And I was now on the path to audiophiledom starting in 1973.
Nowadays I check out my local high end HiFi store looking for deals on floor models (anticipating a Atmos upgrade) mainly speakers/receivers not going back to vinyl so no new turntables.

Last edited:
My Dad.

Through many different formats since the 80's, my old man has always influenced the quality of my listening. We've traded information and new music for as long as I can remember. For example, he got me right into XTC and I got him into Depeche Mode. He probably bought his Boston Acoustic speakers about 20 years ago, and that was the beginning of the REAL acceleration in our audiophile habits. Soon we dived headlong into SACD and amp upgrades. I've gone more into surround and Hi-Res downloads than he has now, but still love my SACD/DVDA collection and am now also getting back into vinyl after purchasing a new Pro-Ject turntable. Thanks Dad, you've cost me a fortune. :D:D:D

Back