AMP: New Dared MC-7P pre-amp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workmeistr

The Dared serves as the TT pre-amp and switch for digital Blu-ray/SACD input via the Peachtree Audio DAC-iT X DAC. The Dared MC-7P pre-amp also has a DAC, with a USB-B input.

In the future I plan to use the Dared DAC input by using a tablet computer to run a 1TB HD. The Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray has front and rear USB's which I use now with 256GB thumb drives front and rear.

20170322_203018_resized.jpg

20170322_203026_resized.jpg

20170322_203316_resized.jpg

Is that a quad Realistic gem that I see on the left?

Memories for sure. :smokin

No Realistic, though I had an SQ decoder of theirs once; worse than the QX-949 (not an "A") internal SQ decoder.

Below is what is in the system this month. Once I get settled and happy with it, I need to focus on making custom RCA cables (though I don't even know how to solder); I want the shortest paths and my OCD doesn't like a tangled mess behind the components.

• Dual 1229 3-speed turntable in 3/4 walnut-finish case with:
̶ Headshell with Pickering XUV cart/4500-Q stylus (CD-4/Quad)
̶ Headshell with Pickering UV-15 cart/D2000-Q stylus (CD-4/Quad)
̶ Headshell with JVC 4MD-20X cart/ATS-14 stylus
̶ Headshell with Micro-Acoustics S1 cart/100e stylus
̶ Headshell with Audio Technica AT 3600 cart/Pfanstiehl 4211-D3 78 rpm stylus
̶ Headshell with Grado Prestige 78C 78 rpm cart/stylus
• Sony BDP-S470 Blu-ray Disc/SACD player with 2x 256GB thumb drives of 320Kbps MP3 music
• Akai 1800D-SS reel to reel with quadraphonic 8-track
• dbx NX-40 Encode / Decode Type II Noise Reduction (dbx disc decoder)
• Involve Audio Surround Master SQ Edition (Quadraphonic LP ‘SQ’ [with enhanced SQ Vinyl chip installed] and ‘QS’ decoder with Involve setting [extracts surround information from stereo tracks, and places instruments, voices, and sound effects on stereo and mono in the room accurately]) http://involveaudio.com/product/surround-master/
• Pioneer QX-949 4-Channel Stereo Receiver w/ CD-4 demodulator and crude SQ and QS decoders
• Pioneer QC-800A 4-Channel Pre-amplifier
• 2x Technics SH-8055 12-band Equalizers
• 2x Pioneer RG-2 Dynamic Processors
• Pioneer QM-800A 4-Channel Power Amplifier
• Polk Audio Monitor 10A Speakers, Cherry (front) with Peerless tweeters, 24” spiked speaker stands w/ anti-slip mat under speakers
• Polk Audio Monitor 10A Speakers, Oak (rear) with Peerless tweeters, 24” spiked speaker stands w/ anti-slip mat under speakers
• 2x (front and rear) Yamaha YST-SW215 8” 150 Watt Powered Subwoofers
• Monster HTS 3500 MK II Reference Power Center (Hidden up-right behind the Akai R2R)
• VPI PLC Power Supply Line Conditioner, first-generation (for turntable)

Back