Next XTC remix according to Andy Partridge is BLACK SEA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard the TC&I stuff yet? Strange that there aren't any teasers or songs available online. Ordered. Excited for new Moulding and Chambers songs!
Has anyone seen the new doc This Is Pop yet? I'd really to watch it ... anyone...?

Has anyone heard the TC&I stuff yet? Strange that there aren't any teasers or songs available online. Ordered. Excited for new Moulding and Chambers songs!
Has anyone seen the new doc This Is Pop yet? I'd really to watch it ... anyone...?

I have not heard any of the TC&I EP yet, but I would like to!
I have seen the documentary online, and I thought it was very well done!
Hoping for some showings on US TV followed by a Blu-Ray release.

:)

Good thing we get “Black Sea” in a few weeks because Andy just said on Twitter that UMG still cannot find some of the tapes for both “English Settlement” and “Mummer”. I asked Andy in response if SW can at least remix “The Big Express” in the meantime. We’ll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you find the documentary? The only place I found it was on the Sky Arts web site. I registered with them but every time I tried to play or download it, I just got error messages.

:howl

I can no longer find where I originally found it. (Must have been removed.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was a BBC documentary but I might be wrong (its not on BBC iPlayer), either way I missed it and forgot to record it, but in the UK we get things repeated so often it'll be back soon!

Where did you find the documentary? The only place I found it was on the Sky Arts web site. I registered with them but every time I tried to play or download it, I just got error messages.

:howl

I think it was a BBC documentary but I might be wrong (its not on BBC iPlayer), either way I missed it and forgot to record it, but in the UK we get things repeated so often it'll be back soon!

It was shown on Sky Arts in the UK.
The BBC passed on showing it.

Someone on the Hoffman board posted a link to the doc where I saw it but it didn't last long. Very enjoyable but a bit of a rush at the end.

The copy that was posted was a bit glitchy in places, not a perfect capture, but still fun to watch. I did manage to d/l it from Youtube before it was pulled so it's sitting on my hard drive to watch again later. I do hope it gets a wider release, I'd buy a copy to have.

Edit - copying it up to my iCloud - not posting public link(s) so if you'd like it please PM me and we'll try that.

Any chance someone in the UK could try the Sky Arts web site and see if they're able to watch and/or download it? (The web site gives you both options.) I'm wondering if they block anyone from outside the UK from seeing it.

Delayed to Nov. 24th, according to Burning Shed :(

It will be worth the extra wait.
The best thing I can say about this 5.1 mix is that Steven Wilson has done it again!
For those of you who really like the 5.1 mix of "Drums & Wires", "Black Sea" is like that, only better!
Plus, some of my favorite 5.1 mixes on the disc are amongst the bonus tracks, like "Don't Lose Your Temper" and "Take This Town"
Finally, there's over an hour's worth of early recordings and demos to go through as well, so it's quite the release!
Now we just need to hope and pray that another set of tapes turn up in time for another release in 2018!

Someone on the XTC Facebook Group Chalkhills has already received their "Black Sea" CD/Blu-Ray set, so here's the pictures they shared, which shows all the contents:

23415233_10155442826978791_3554417625334138991_o.jpg

23415279_10155442856943791_9135860719544925015_o.jpg

23509032_10155442857828791_7241751595729885753_o.jpg

23456645_10155442858743791_7750757818895615767_o.jpg

Indeed! That’s a work of art. Even more excited about receiving my copy now. Actually, I ordered one from Amazon too which, if release date is correct, should arrive a week or more before my signed BS copy.

What I love about XTC is to see them transitioning from one album to the next. To me, this record really was a cross between Drums and Wires and English Settlement but being closer to the former in its delivery.

Burning Shed Facebook has picks of them packing Black Sea sets for shipping.
Yay!

Huh, thought I had news that would excite some folks.
I guess they'd rather dream about a never-to-be SACD from Kansas of all things. ;)

Last edited:
Back