Next XTC remix according to Andy Partridge is BLACK SEA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is interesting:

DJKak7nXcAAyiUz.jpg:large

Steven Wilson:
After the London premiere of the truly excellent XTC documentary "This is Pop" earlier this evening. With original band members Dave Gregory and Terry Chambers, and director Charlie Thomas. Very proud to appear in the film alongside other long time XTC fans such as #harryshearer @mileskane #clemburke #stewartcopeland, and producers #hughpadgham and #johnleckie. Coming to a TV channel near you soon!

:)

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Steven Wilson smiling. It's cool to see him happy - and to see him not only as a peer and contributor with XTC, but as a fan as well.

Bad news for those of us waiting to hear "Black Sea" in 5.1 this year:
Due to a deep personal loss suffered by my APE label manager,(ie:the man who does it all),BLACK SEA 5.1 will not be released until next year.

:(

In a bizarre twist, Andy P’s tweet from the other day has been taken down and Steven Wilson is saying it will be released on November 10th! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From SW’s remixes Facebook:

10th November will see the release of the fifth in a series of XTC expanded and remixed reissues on blu-ray/CD. Black Sea is the band's fourth album from 1980, including a UK hit single in Sgt Rock is Going to Help Me, as well as other XTC classics such as Respectable Street, Generals and Majors, No Language in Our Lungs, and Travels in Nihilon. As with previous releases in this series it's another virtual box set on a single disc - the blu-ray will feature my new stereo and 5.1 surround sound mixes, the original mix, B-sides, demos and promo videos. In addition to the 11 album tracks, another 7 tracks from the same period have been remixed into stereo and 5.1, including a previously unissued Colin Moulding song Let's Ban the Bomb, and non-album single Take This Town. Pre-orders from Burning Shed will begin on Monday and include a postcard signed by the band's drummer Terry Chambers. The cd/blu-ray is presented in special packaging with an expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding, Terry Chambers, Dave Gregory and Hugh Padgham.

https://burningshed.com/store/ape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a bit of miscommunication going on here - hopefully it gets clarified quickly especially if there is a serous personal issue with someone involved.

Yep, the post on Steven Wilson's Remixes Facebook page is no longer there.
This is very strange, and if I had more information that I could share with all of you, I would, but alas, I'm just as confused as the rest of you.

The good news is that at least the original post can be read on here so we all know what to expect when it is released, and I'm very certain it will be worth the wait!

:)

Also, the same blurb I posted above from SW's Remixes Facebook page was also posted on his website (I know that because it appeared in my Feedly feed today) but it's also gone from his website too. Very strange indeed...

Also, the same blurb I posted above from SW's Remixes Facebook page was also posted on his website (I know that because it appeared in my Feedly feed today) but it's also gone from his website too. Very strange indeed...

Seems like something that was to be announced in coordination and was in a time-set queue before whatever happened, and didn't get pulled in time - always a danger when you schedule in advance and re too busy to keep a close watch for changes.

Hopefully it stays up this time and whatever confusion was happening is sorted out - bring it on!

Back