Next XTC remix according to Andy Partridge is BLACK SEA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice big scan of the cover. I love it! :)

Black%20Sea%20cover.jpg

I just cannot get over the high shipping charges from BS. Are all you US guys just biting the bullet and paying it? Am I doing something wrong?? US $28 for standard shipping?? Wow!!!

I just cannot get over the high shipping charges from BS. Are all you US guys just biting the bullet and paying it? Am I doing something wrong?? US $28 for standard shipping?? Wow!!!

OK - nevermind. I'm telling you, it was showing $28 for shipping. UGH. I deleted the order and started over and now it is very reasonable. Geez....
I think my total now with standard shipping is $24 or so.

Whew......

My shipping was a Lil over 4 pounds ..that's it..no tracking or insurance

Have no idea what you are seeing Gene?

I know what you mean and I'm in the UK! It seems higher since the new website launched, or is that just me? I ordered Black Sea yesterday, £3.94 standard and £5.38 insured and tracked. That seems pretty expensive to me, it's not exactly a large heavy set now is it! Compared to SW's 'To The Bone' book which was £6.25 for insured and tracked, plus that's huge and weighs a ton! I have sent a message to BS asking what gives, I know they use good mailers but are they really that expensive? ;)

I also use Amazon, the XTC one isn't up yet, but generally it will be cheaper than BS with free postage, plus they'll charge me when it actually ships, not months in advance which I think is a bit naughty, the interest would be better in my bank account! The only reason I've ordered Black Sea from BS is to get the postcard as I have the other three. But I can see them losing a lot of business if it stays as it is, I'd really prefer to support them so I hope they look at it...

I see $13.20, but that is also WAY too high for my blood. Might have to wait for Amazon or some other vendor.

**edit: whoops - had another item in the cart from before. For just Black Sea, my shipping would be $5.49. Still high enough that I'll wait a bit.**

$5.49 from Burning Shed? How on earth can shipping to the US work out at around the same as the UK ($5.49 = £4.08 vs the £3.94 I was quoted for standard UK shipping) ?

Shipping from Burning Shed is pretty reasonable to the US for this one disc. I’d like to order more or bigger items but refuse to because that’s when I see pricing climb way up and I don’t end up saving any money compared to ordering from a US vendor. Also, I’ve ordered items via Amazon UK and haven’t seen any high shipping charges, but we are comparing a huge business to a small one where the profits are different.

Paul from superdeluxeddition has tweeted this today which is very cool in deed:

"Looking forward to this deluxe reissue of @xtcfans' "Black Sea". In fact, very excited, because Roland Orzabal from @tearsforfears has agreed to review it for SDE (it's a favourite of his). How cool is that? ? http://bit.ly/2yBCCCG "

Back