Next XTC remix according to Andy Partridge is BLACK SEA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure RT (among other QQ'ers) is a early disc tester. Before they hit the public.

That’s right. Myself and a few other QQ members were asked by Neil Wilkes to test this release and a few others (Pineapple Thief’s “Where We Stood” and King Crimson’s “Sailors’ Tales” box set) before they went to press.

:)

From the look of your avatar, how’s that Roxy Music deluxe release? LOL

LOL, I don’t have that one, and unless Neil Wilkes is authoring it, I won’t get it ahead of time either.
I just have that picture as my avatar as proof that a picture of the deluxe edition did materialize (before it was pulled down.)

I’m just as anxious as the rest of you to hear “Rory Music” in 5.1 Surround!

That’s right. Myself and a few other QQ members were asked by Neil Wilkes to test this release and a few others (Pineapple Thief’s “Where We Stood” and King Crimson’s “Sailors’ Tales” box set) before they went to press.

And we thank you and the rest of the crew for that. This testing makes these releases so much better than the average dvd of bd release. A great community effort.

And we thank you and the rest of the crew for that. This testing makes these releases so much better than the average dvd of bd release. A great community effort.

I appreciate your gratitude, and let me also say that it is an absolute privilege and honor to be able to do this.
It reiterates to me how much time, skill, and thought Neil puts into authoring Blu-Rays and DVDs.
For example, not everyone utilizes the Blu-Ray remote colored buttons like he does for headless operation (i.e. without a TV)
Plus the pure audio pop-up function he created with some folks at Java for concert Blu-Rays was also a major innovation! (IMHO of course. That function can be seen on the recent Pineapple Thief Blu-Ray "Where We Stood" and also on the King Crimson box sets for "THRAK" and "On (and Off) The Road: 1981-1984")

Basically, I wish everyone would author Blu-ray Discs the way he does!

Agreed. Neil is a true artist while also being a mathematician. Rare combo and a fantastic human.

Agreed. Neil is a true artist while also being a mathematician. Rare combo and a fantastic human.
Absolutely. I first got in touch with Neil when my copy of Insurgentes dvd-a did not play on my then Onkyo player. For some reason it frooze. I wrote to Burning Shed and they got me in touch with Neil. Turned out it had something to do with the aspect ratio of the dvd-a menu screen if I remember correctly.

Neil send me free of charge a reauthored disc with an aspect ratio that did play on my player. AND he even contacted the Onkyo repair service in the Netherlands to see if they could provide a firmware update. Are you kidding me right now, a disc author that gets in contact with a repair shop for a first time customer of Burning Shed? True story. Shows his out of this world class. I could return the favour with getting him in touch with Rob Reed of Magenta to work together :)

So true about Neil Wilkes as he has done so much stuff behind the scenes to both give us the best product but his followup in time and energy is even on another level like Rob explained as he has gone way out of his way to prove it's the manufactures fault that certain players don't play the disk's that have been authored by Neil W. Not very many people would do that.
The very reason we have a Love and Rockets BLuray is because Neil W. did that mix on his own time to prove to the label it would be worth it and now we get to enjoy this great disk because of Neil.
Most of the Dvda's that have been done in past 5 years are Neil Wilkes authored and again my big THANKS go out for that as I love the Dvda format(car and home approved).

As being a XTC thread of course these great authored disk's are from Neil W. and crew from here and for that again a hearty THANKYOU :)

LOL! I got my notice as well. Again, I purposely have not listened to this album....never heard it. :yikes

If you have “Drums & Wires”, “Black Sea” is pretty similar to “Drums & Wires”.
If however you just have “Skylarking”, “Oranges & Lemons”, and/or “Nonsuch”, buckle up, cause “Black Sea” is a fun ride!

Back