Next XTC remix according to Andy Partridge is BLACK SEA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Andy P. has some teasing going on today on twitter.
Did he give enough clues as to what it is?

"Heard first Steven Wilson stereo mixes of forthcoming latest XTC surround series. Mmmmm, noisy.Missed a phone call from Terry C."

Not much to go on but some people are guessing,"Big Express' based on word used 'Noisy".

He did state the songs for new Steven Wilson album that AP worked on are:

Titles....uhhhh.....TO THE BONE and HOW BIG THE SPACE?

Andy P. has some teasing going on today on twitter.
Did he give enough clues as to what it is?

"Heard first Steven Wilson stereo mixes of forthcoming latest XTC surround series. Mmmmm, noisy.Missed a phone call from Terry C."

Not much to go on but some people are guessing,"Big Express' based on word used 'Noisy".

He did state the songs for new Steven Wilson album that AP worked on are:

Titles....uhhhh.....TO THE BONE and HOW BIG THE SPACE?

He may reveal which title it is when he visits Steven Wilson's studio to hear the 5.1 surround mix.
That's exactly how it went down when "Skylarking" was revealed as the fourth title in the Surround Sound Series.

:)

Well whatever album it is we know this much we will be in for another treat.

Ryan or another mod, can you fix the title as I forgot a R in Andy's last name, hopefully Andy isn't looking, sorry.....
RRRRRRRRRR ,I spelled Andy Partidge..........should be Andy Partridge

If we see them both with bottle rockets, then we'll know for sure that it will be Black Sea. ?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Strange. Very strange. Not more than 10 minutes ago I was sitting on the deck in rare beautiful, sunny Seattle evening musing over when the next XTC SW gem would be coming.
Black Sea would be brilliant as would English Settlement, but Mummer or Big Express would be too.
Andy did mention Terry C. as in Chambers, in an oblique way, so to me that rules out Big Express and likely Mummer, no?
You read it here first, Sports fans.

How about a double album pair of remixes for Go2 and White Music?! Nah, those can wait. Black Sea or English Settlement indeed!

Strange. Very strange. Not more than 10 minutes ago I was sitting on the deck in rare beautiful, sunny Seattle evening musing over when the next XTC SW gem would be coming.
Black Sea would be brilliant as would English Settlement, but Mummer or Big Express would be too.
Andy did mention Terry C. as in Chambers, in an oblique way, so to me that rules out Big Express and likely Mummer, no?
You read it here first, Sports fans.

Milt, you gave me the clue from what you stated but in a opposite way and I say its 'Mummer' as Andy is a clever fellow and he says MMMM, noisy and then missed a call from Terry Chambers as Terry left after doing a few songs on Mummer and moved to Australia and thus quit XTC.
Thats my guess then its, Mummer.

Last edited:
Milt, you gave me the clue from what you stated but in a opposite way and I say its 'Mummer' as Andy is a clever fellow and he says MMMM, noisy and then missed a call from Terry Chambers as Terry left after doing a few songs on Mummer and moved to Australia and thus quite XTC.

Great album, I will take all of them with the Wilson magic applied

Milt, you gave me the clue from what you stated but in a opposite way and I say its 'Mummer' as Andy is a clever fellow and he says MMMM, noisy and then missed a call from Terry Chambers as Terry left after doing a few songs on Mummer and moved to Australia and thus quit XTC.
Hmm, interesting take and just as valid as mine.
Nice work!

Another tweet, but he's still not saying which album it is yet…

Been mastering demos and early studio sessions with Stu Rowe today, for forthcoming XTC 5.1 release.It's going to be good I think

No further clue but yesterday Andy tweeted:

"Saw this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnoqP4B8J6U

What an honour MARILLION and Dave Gregory, do for XTC. Thank you fellows all.

Touched."

Very cool cover by Marillion doing "Senses Working Overtime" with Dave Gregory joining in.
Well we are getting a Marillion surround in July and XTC in fall so thought it would be good to post this song here.

Now, that is quite the tease if English Settlement is next in line, but we shall see... ?

I still say it's Black Sea but if I'm wrong, my second guess is Mummer. Nothing has been said about the discovery of the lost English Settlement multi-track tapes. Though, I'm still amazed at what was done with the recent compact disc English Settlement release. It sounds incredible!

At this point I'll take whatever comes....but Mummer would be my top choice. The pastoral feel of the album would be awesome with the SW 5.1 treatment.

Not 100% certain, but based on one of Andy's latest tweets, it sounds like "The Big Express" is NOT the next surround sound series release.

Someone tweeted @Andy talking about their love of "The Big Express" and his response:
Cheers Dave, hopefully there'll be a 5.1 of it one day?

So that indicates to me that it's NOT the next surround sound series release, but I could be wrong…
I wish he would just tell us which one it is already. The suspense is killing me!

:mad:@: :confused:

Back