Next XTC remix according to Andy Partridge is BLACK SEA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is AWWWWWWWWWWESOME :banana:

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is AWWWWWWWWWWESOME :banana:

milt agrees with Snood.
Couldn't be happier with this.

My first WAG was Black Sea or English Settlement.
Perpendicular nailed it right off.
I say he should get a free copy!
My next prediction is that the usual suspects on SHF will bitch, bitch, bitch about BD only again.

Now, when?

Sept\Oct?

I am VERY happy it is Black Sea. That and English Settlement are 2 of my favorites. I will continue to buy all the releases, but this one just made my day. Please let us have the ability to buy ALL of the XTC releases. Listening to the cd as I type.

I would have been happy with any of the older albums but good to know what it is now.
Black Sea is a great album and will sound even better in glorious 5.1.

I made the mistake of buying Nonsuch, and I won't make the same mistake with any more XTC releases.
I tried to sell it, but eventually gave up and traded it in for next to nothing. As D.T. would say ... "Sad".

I am so sorry that album does not speak to you. Tastes cannot be argued, but Nonsuch is a near desert-island disc for me.

I feel the same way about some of the Rush/Marillion/Dream Theater catalog. People are passionate about it, I wish that it hit me the right way, but it doesn't. My loss.

I am so sorry that album does not speak to you. Tastes cannot be argued, but Nonsuch is a near desert-island disc for me.

I feel the same way about some of the Rush/Marillion/Dream Theater catalog. People are passionate about it, I wish that it hit me the right way, but it doesn't. My loss.

+1 regarding taste. I love Nonsuch and like the other XTC releases a little less, so far, but am warming to them and glad I have them in my collection. Awesome value for the CD/BD sets. I happen to love Rush, like Marillion and pretty much can't tolerate much Dream Theater. Scenes from a Memory is all right, I guess.

So, go figure.

:party:bounce17:bounce:woopie:wave:brew:friday::sun:music(y)

Fan-freakin-tastic! This is the one I have been waiting for and was afraid would not materialize. Drums and Wires and Black Sea were the only 2 XTC albums I had back in the day and of the 2 Black Sea was my fave! So really glad to hear this news as now my 2 faves will be mine in glorious 5.1, all other XTC releases will be, for me, the savory gravy on my steak and potatoes that are Drums and Wires and Black Sea! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

...OK who forgot to put a quarter in the banana machine? My bananas no dancy!

YAY! Bananas dancy now (y)

Last edited:
Given how much I've listened to XTC since D&W came out, even had tickets to see them on the infamous "Stage Fright" aborted tour,
I've had a new appreciation for the albums every time a SW re-release has come out.

We're now getting to the meat of the XTC discography where the band really defined their voice, imo.
Black Sea through Big Express.

I've been hoping 'Apple Venus' was going to be next since the beginning of these reissues....sigh.

Still any 5.1 XTC is good XTC, and the 'live' feel of this album should sound magnificent. Hoping for a 'T. Chambers' signed postcard to go with the others from Burning Shed. :)

Recent Twitter update from Mr. Partridge:

"I heard the surround mix of BLACK SEA this week. WOW!! Some genuine hairs on back of neck moments, NIHILON, and LANGUAGE to name but two."

Recent Twitter update from Mr. Partridge:

"I heard the surround mix of BLACK SEA this week. WOW!! Some genuine hairs on back of neck moments, NIHILON, and LANGUAGE to name but two."

Yeah Baby!!! YEAH!!!

This is interesting:

DJKak7nXcAAyiUz.jpg:large

Steven Wilson:
After the London premiere of the truly excellent XTC documentary "This is Pop" earlier this evening. With original band members Dave Gregory and Terry Chambers, and director Charlie Thomas. Very proud to appear in the film alongside other long time XTC fans such as #harryshearer @mileskane #clemburke #stewartcopeland, and producers #hughpadgham and #johnleckie. Coming to a TV channel near you soon!

:)

Back