OK What's Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
We must be due for an announcement right about now huh. Usually when things finally arrive, it's time for the next announcement. Lotus arrived, Pepper is about here now. So for a MC or Quad what will it be?

We must be due for an announcement right about now huh. Usually when things finally arrive, it's time for the next announcement. Lotus arrived, Pepper is about here now. So for a MC or Quad what will it be?

I keep thinking Audio Fidelity will be announcing a new Quad gem from the 70's....it sure has been a while. In fact, what was their last multi release?

And, I swear that Adam (fredblu) tossed out a subtle hint that something was coming. Though, I may have been reading something into nothing. He is a sly devil.....don't even know where his post is at. :violin

As far as Quad is concerned, there are only two avenues left: Dutton/Vocalion and Sony Japan. I know that some will say that Audio Fidelity is working on something with Multichannel, but as great as that would be, I have my doubts about it. I would love to be proven wrong of course. If we're lucky, Rhino will polish its horn and serve us another tasty Quadio release.

So to resume: Dutton/Vocalion and Sony Japan with a glimmer of hope for Rhino.

Well the odd title from AP, another one from AF, and then Rhino's Quadio line I refuse to give up on.

Then Sony and D/V doing their thing.

I smell an anouncement, somehow somewhere.

Well the odd title from AP, another one from AF, and then Rhino's Quadio line I refuse to give up on.

Then Sony and D/V doing their thing.

I smell an anouncement, somehow somewhere.

I'm with you man! I prefer to think/hope something fun in the next month or 2.

This is the first time in at least three years where the major awaited release of a vintage quad, or a remix of a vintage rock album has arrived in the physical world, and the announcement of the next biggie has not yet materialized. There is most often some overlap.

Like Lotus in quad came, Pepper in surround is here, but it's very quiet from Sony / Japan, AF and Warner / Rhino. I mean that there are some things coming down the pike like another XTC remixed by SW (not sure which). And a continuation of the D/V quad line. But so far as a rock title, especially a vintage one, this is a quiet moment when you look at the last 2-3 years.

I've been hoping that Tears for Fears' "Seeds of Love" is right around the corner?

It still may be around the corner (along with "Roxy Music") but if either of those releases are going to come out this year, then the relevant parties really need to get their act together. I'm getting really sick of waiting for both of these releases too, cause I already know they will be amazing!

:)

It still may be around the corner (along with "Roxy Music") but if either of those releases are going to come out this year, then the relevant parties really need to get their act together. I'm getting really sick of waiting for both of these releases too, cause I already know they will be amazing!

:)

If it's either of those 2, then I will be hoping for Roxy Music. I'm not the biggest TFF fan on the block. :mad:@:

Back