The Quad cassette debate continues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than likely some clueless graphic dude just pulled the wrong LP cover graphics to make the cassette box.

You're probably right, but I just get a kick out of the possibilities. And with all the quad masters available (SQ, SQ, EV4) to work from, you never know!

Considering this is a Project 3 release, if they really did use an LP master to make the tape, did they use the SQ or QS version? With all the azimuth issues that are already in play, we may never know. Still interesting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Mottola-and-the-Quad-Guitars-Cassette-Tape-70z-/391636519141?hash=item5b2f5b08e5:g:ZCEAAOSwa~BYO0a1

Don't forget they also used EV-4 .

Always wondered why Proj 3 had "Wraparound Sound " indicated on some (or was it many?) of their stereo 8 tracks ?

Enoch was such a major quadraphile with so much in 4 different quad lp systems and both Q8 Q4 tape , but always boldly promoted and indicated it's hard to imagine those stereo tapes were encoded .

But I would never say never .:rolleyes:

For sure it can't be more messed-up than that:

Front: stereo-compatible with a quad notch?

85826004.jpg

Yes... it is stereo-encoded QS

85826004_57106754.jpg

On a different thread, I once raised the possibility that the reel edition of an Angel/EMI classical release that was only published in SQ would have the SQ encoding intact. Circle logo and all. I don't have the equipment to prove or disprove it, but I think the odds are better than 50-50.

Always wondered how it would had sounded Misirilou in the front and Japanese Sandman in the rear at the same time... :music

Curious ? Did that 8 track come with a little plastic tab , used to override the Q8 ? I believe there were a few I saw with one , perhaps in an "X" shape, but I'm thinking the ones I saw yrs ago were just Q8 shells used in stereo with that tab. Re-cycled cart shells !

On a separate note :

If Enoch 's Command Label tapes were encoded that bodes well that at least some of his Proj 3 's were .

I had an 8 track from Sun Ra on Blue Thumb that said it was Sansui encoded , btw . Only one that I ever saw.

Curious ? Did that 8 track come with a little plastic tab , used to override the Q8 ? I believe there were a few I saw with one , perhaps in an "X" shape, but I'm thinking the ones I saw yrs ago were just Q8 shells used in stereo with that tab. Re-cycled cart shells !

It is still sealed and has no extra plastic tab. Holy mess guaranteed on a real Q8 deck.:yikes

Back