Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Temple of The Dog, Audioslave) R.I.P.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This is something I did not expect to read for another thirty years. I am in shock.

I've been a fan ever since I heard Badmotorfinger in the early 90's. He had such great talent as a singer, songwriter and performer. What a voice he had. May he find peace in the long rest.

very sad Temple of the Dog were one of my favorite bands of the 90's

Bizzare that its teh same day as my updated 'Singles' soundtrack album was posted by Amazon

wow! What a talent...what a loss. My son texted me and told me. I hate to ask...what happened?
I always loved his talent, passion, style. This is hard to believe.

This is what a friend of mine shared on my FB page just yesterday... damn, who would have thought...

I still remember Soundgarden supporting Guns N' Roses (w/ Faith No More) at the largest stadium over here in Prague - that was almost precisely 25 years ago.

I think my biggest memory...and this one is sort of weird...back when my kids were tiny (1991 or so) I purchased a Panasonic 3DO game system (it was brand new/high tech at the time) and one of the games that came with it was called Road Rash. The soundtrack for that game was AMAZING and I remember thinking who in the hell is THIS? Well, it was Soundgarden....

Looks like I'll be playing my superunknown/badmotorfinger blu-rays in tribute tonight :friday:

I've been listening to Soundgarden for so long, I don't remember not listening to Soundgarden. I bought my first Soundgarden album when I was like 8 years old with my own hard-earned allowance. A lot of sad celebrity deaths over the past year or two, but this one hits me pretty hard. Dangit... :(

A brutal loss. An often overlooked vocal talent, and one of the greatest songwriters of our time. Very sad news.

This one did come as shock, a great vocalist, distinctive. RIP

On my last business trip out here to company HQ about 6 weeks ago, I ordered the Temple Of The Dog deluxe set as HMV UK were doing a great deal. I didn't know the band, but it had Chris Cornell in it, so at that price for an 'unknown' 5.1 mix I got it. Last Friday before I set off to Heathrow I'd listened to the BDA and thought this is good (& with a fitting surround mix). Of that era of 'grunge' it was Soundgarden & Alice In Chains that I liked the most, then Pearl Jam, then Nirvana but not so much (but I do like the Foo Fighters!), so sadly we've lost yet another a talented musician.

It's official: Suicide https://twitter.com/AP/status/865261143731949569

Obviously, us fans have a very limited perspective of these artist's personal lives and whatever troubles they may be experiencing. But based on the public persona of Chris Cornell, he seemed to be in a very good place, as opposed to Scott Weiland, whose death I don't really think came as a shock to anybody. Just very unexpected. I can't help but feel curious about what would have led up to this decision, but I don't feel as if I'm owed an explanation. I wish his family and friends well.

Bummer..... This one is tough, his talent had many more years to go. His distinct voice made the bands he was in, and we'll miss it.
Thinking about the Audioslave show 11/05 Fox Theatre Detroit, have to rethink getting the Superunknown set now.: And
my hometown no less...... His tweet.... :https://twitter.com/chriscornell/status/864995525686415360
???:scream
R.I.P. Chris, Good-night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. ”

Edit: Just ordered the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set....... Amazon CA. 72.00usd

It's official: Suicide https://twitter.com/AP/status/865261143731949569

Obviously, us fans have a very limited perspective of these artist's personal lives and whatever troubles they may be experiencing. But based on the public persona of Chris Cornell, he seemed to be in a very good place, as opposed to Scott Weiland, whose death I don't really think came as a shock to anybody. Just very unexpected. I can't help but feel curious about what would have led up to this decision, but I don't feel as if I'm owed an explanation. I wish his family and friends well.

I don't know if it's​ anything but his Twitter post had #NOMOREBULLSHIT and they found him basically after the show. Deepest Sympathies to his wife Vicky and his children......

Edit: http://www.freep.com/story/entertai...al-performance-detroit-soundgarden/330051001/

The rotten media as it is has to drag this poor guy and his family through the mud now, that is the worst part!
I hope I am not breaking rules, but I have no use for any of the news service's or media.:howl
Just like they do with every popular artist.:howl

I don't need to know how he died. I can't change that he did. I prefer keeping a positive image of him.

His passing has had quite an effect on online auction sites. A seller had listed the blue vinyl pressing of Superunknown two days ago and had started bidding at $2.99. Well it's at $100 with four days to go. That's crazy.

Perhaps now people will give his underrated album "Scream" a chance at last. It's a really good album, once you accept that he's produced by Timbaland. Part Of Me is a great song. Nah, the whole album is great. The only track I would have put on a single as a b-side is the hidden track Two Drink Minimum which sticks out like a sore thumb.

The rotten media as it is has to drag this poor guy and his family through the mud now, that is the worst part!
I hope I am not breaking rules, but I have no use for any of the news service's or media.:howl

Looks like the family is going through a tough time now, and it's not the media that did it to them this time.

A bit harsh, don't you think? There's an old saying "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." Yes, the News Media can be erratic, at times, but that movie The Conspiracy Theory [Mel Gibson] pointed to a great truth.......Connect the dots and read between the lines if you REALLY want the truth.

I thought HDave's link from the Detroit Free Press [http://www.freep.com/story/entertai...l-performance-detroit-soundgarden/330051001/] rendered an accurate and respectful first hand account of Chris Cornell's erratic final performance before he tragically ended his life.

Would you rather read it on twitter or Facebook?

R.I.P. Chris. A truly unique voice in the Rock 'n Roll Universe!:(

Last edited:
Back