Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Temple of The Dog, Audioslave) R.I.P.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such devastating news indeed. And I never even got to chance to see him or Soundgarden live either, which now sucks even now. RIP to a man who was quite the talent. Yes, we 'know his name (referring to the brilliant Bond song which continues to never fade from memory for me).'

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

A bit harsh, don't you think? There's an old saying "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." Yes, the News Media can be erratic, at times, but that movie The Conspiracy Theory [Mel Gibson] pointed to a great truth.......Connect the dots and read between the lines if you REALLY want the truth.

I thought HDave's link from the Detroit Free Press [http://www.freep.com/story/entertai...l-performance-detroit-soundgarden/330051001/] rendered an accurate and respectful first hand account of Chris Cornell's erratic final performance before he tragically ended his life.

Would you rather read it on twitter or Facebook?

R.I.P. Chris. A truly unique voice in the Rock 'n Roll Universe!:(
I totally agree with you Ralph. I could tell it was suicide from the annotations right off the bat this morning. I watched last nights video and I could tell he was under nourished and struggling, of course all hind sight at this point. I am hoping that through his suicide that it maybe was accidental, like, what we think, INX's Michael Hutchence was. But the medical examiner says apparent suicide. So now I am sad, like the whole world is, wondering why, mind set, drugs, or lack of drugs, alcohol, what ever, we as music lovers feel another stab in our hearts and we are not even sure why.
Suicide is real. I will be sad now and I will not be sad later, as of this writing I am not suicidal, but others are. My thoughts go out to others who may feel this black hole of depression. It's not an accident, train wreck, car wreck, falling off a roof, it's intentional and that is the hardest thing to understand. I am certainly glad the media has told me cause of death, otherwise I would wonder. Peace to all. Eddie Vedder, stay strong! We need you.

Major Suckage:howl:(

Spent the last hour or so watching vids of last nights concert on You Tube and man he looked cooked. Really weak too thin, but that voice still even at 50 percent was still impressive:yikes

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh - just sends a shitty message to all that looked up to and admired him for his gifts and songs he shared. Hoping they change their mind on the initial suicide thing.......any note? Feel for the family and friends and all his fans. So much music left in him just gone and wasted :(

Just hearing about this and reading here now, wow, very sad for his wife and kids who must go on without a husband and father,prayers going out for sure for family and friends who must now go on.
Yes of course artists through their art resonate with us as they can and are very vulnerable in songs they write and perform for themselves and for their fans. I can't imagine going in front of a huge crowd performing the way these great artists can night after night and it can't be a easy life being on the road, yes, very tragic for this to have happened.

Devastated that a legend and icon of ours felt like he needed to end his life prematurely, but uplifted that someone from the surround community thought it important to get me a copy of a cherished mix the same day. I really love you guys and hope you are all in the best of health and happiness. Life is short and precious...

Wow, so incredibly sad. :( Say hello to heaven Chris. :worthy

[video=youtube;5qi8hhiYEQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qi8hhiYEQA[/video]

Saw Living Colour last night here in Perth. What a sight it was up on stage, looking at the tears in Vernon Reid's eyes not to mention Corey Glover coming to terms with Cornell's passing, as they paid a heartfelt tribute to Chris performing a belter of a rendition of Blow Up the Outside World. And the audience participation made things all the more emotional. A monumental loss indeed.

Also makes me think of how Vernon would have reacted too around the time when Jack Bruce passed away. No doubt he must have been just as devastated.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Back