3 Channel SACDs from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just recieved today, a little out of my comfort zone, not rock, but willing to expand my audiophile library and knowledge. 5 AP 3 Channel stereo, meaning center active, discs. Approved by Bmoura. The Weavers, Reunion At Carnegie Hall, Ray Charles and Betty Carter (who is she), Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall, Belafonte At Carnegie Hall, and Nat King Cole St. Louis Blues.

Just recieved today, a little out of my comfort zone, not rock, but willing to expand my audiophile library and knowledge. 5 AP 3 Channel stereo, meaning center active, discs. Approved by Bmoura. The Weavers, Reunion At Carnegie Hall, Ray Charles and Betty Carter (who is she), Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall, Belafonte At Carnegie Hall, and Nat King Cole St. Louis Blues.

Well, Mark, time to don your smoking jacket, pour yourself a glass o' Jack with a beer chaser and hunker down for a superb evening of three channel bliss.

BTW, Betty Carter is a great jazz vocalist and her duets with brother RAY are nothing short of superb!

By the time you get to Tony Bennett @ Carnegie Hall, pour yourself another Jack [or two] and enjoy [except for that annoying and very loud applause between sets...keep the volume control handy].

AP's sonics on all of the above are nothing short of stunning.

And just think....less than a week away, you'll be gluing together your Sgt. Pepper Diorama listening to the 'boy's' landmark album that to this day resonates with even starry eyed 'tweens!'

Well, Mark, time to don your smoking jacket, pour yourself a glass o' Jack with a beer chaser and hunker down for a superb evening of three channel bliss.

BTW, Betty Carter is a great jazz vocalist and her duets with brother RAY are nothing short of superb!

By the time you get to Tony Bennett @ Carnegie Hall, pour yourself another Jack [or two] and enjoy [except for that annoying and very loud applause between sets...keep the volume control handy].

AP's sonics on all of the above are nothing short of stunning.

And just think....less than a week away, you'll be gluing together your Sgt. Pepper Diorama listening to the 'boy's' landmark album that to this day resonates with even starry eyed 'tweens!'

Ha Ha Ha, your a funny guy Ralph, thats why I love you. I started with Toy Bennett first, Be Utiful, and clapping wasn't annoying until you pointed it out, just kidding, no big deal, and I get to hear stellar I Left My Heart In San Francisco.
I am all over the place U2 last night, Cornell's death, my life, need to put on the brakes.

You have some excellent 3-Channel SACD listening ahead there.
Classic albums. Even better played back with the original 3-Channel mixes and remastering from the Analogue Productions team.

I have now, over the last two days listened to my 5 choices for 3 channel stereo and as Brian and Ralph said they are quite a treat. All with good liner and recording notes, quite fantastic, take The Weavers for instance that you can listen to a live recording from 1963, using 3 microphones and listen in your home, 2017, and utterly flawless. In fact I am sure better than actually being there.
CAPP_993_SA__64382__11092009115929-3514.jpgtempCAPP_823_SA__98205__06202014022038-1134.jpgdupe22_AAPP_385__74921__04212011093622-3993.jpgtempCAPF_6006_SA__96886__03312014020230-1462.jpgdupe382_AAPF_005__83376__05302012085214-5139.jpg

These are very good, I just received the Nat King Cole "Just One of Those Things"....great swinging accompaniment and clear as a bell recording. I just sprang for another NKC and Tony Bennett also. I hope AP does more of these, some Frankie Baby or similar would be good...Al Martino, John Gary.....all those guys off the Record Club ads when I was a kid. ;)

I wished I hadn't missed the Miles Davis SACDs. I mean the instrument separation on the current Sony CDs is so crazy good, I can't quite imagine how a discreet third channel could improve things but that doesn't mean I can't be curious now, does it?

I wished I hadn't missed the Miles Davis SACDs. I mean the instrument separation on the current Sony CDs is so crazy good, I can't quite imagine how a discreet third channel could improve things but that doesn't mean I can't be curious now, does it?

The two Analogue Production three channel Miles DAVIS SACDs were quite special [currently OOP] but don't overlook the amazing MoFi Davis SACD remasters [albeit stereo]. They are quite exceptional as well and some are being 'blown out' by US based company Import CD at under $13 [Original list price: $30].

Example: http://www.importcds.com/my-funny-valentine-miles-davis/821797214162

Back