2 Dolby Atmos Immersive Surround Sound Demos at LA Audio Show

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
For QQ members attending the upcoming LA Audio Show from June 2-4, 2017 at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel at LA International Airport, Sharke Sound will have 2 cost is no object setups of Dolby Atmos in an Immersive Surround Sound demo. Should be fun !

Dolby Atmos Cinema.jpg

"Starke Sound is pleased to announce its participation as marquee sponsor for immersive audio at the 2017 LA Audio Show, June 2-4, 2017 at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Los Angeles. Taking over 2500 square feet, Starke Sound will transform the Gateway Ballroom into a purpose-built demonstration area, including two full Dolby Atmos theaters along with a waiting area featuring a two-channel listening station and a static display of Starke Sound’s full line of products.

To complete the component selection for the theaters, Starke Sound worked closely with its premier dealer, High End Zone, who coordinated with its sponsor partners including Trinnov processors, JVC projectors, Screen Excellence screens, and a Kaleidescape media player.

The Large Cinema Room will boast an incredible 52-seat theater showcasing a stunning 13.6.8 Dolby Atmos configuration with the system valued at $250,000 driven by Starke Sound’s Halo Series: IC-H5 Elite floor standing, IW-H5 Elite wall mounted, IW-H3 Beryllium Tweeter ceiling mounted, along with SUB36 subwoofers and new A7 Mark II amplifiers.

​Large Cinema Room 13.6.8 Dolby Atmos Configuration

​(5) Starke Sound IC-H5 Elite Floor Standing Loudspeaker
MSRP $13,920/pair

(8) Starke Sound IW-H5 Elite Wall Mounted Loudspeaker
MSRP $12,960/pair

(8) Starke Sound IW-H3 Elite Beryllium Tweeter Ceiling Mounted
MSRP $7,240/pair

(4) Starke Sound SUB36 Subwoofer
MSRP $2,750/each

(3) A7 Mark II Amplifier
MSRP $7,900/each

The Home Theater Room will feature a more intimate setting with a 13-seat home theater in a 9.4.4 Dolby Atmos configuration with the system price of $145,000, including the same models, in less quantity as the Large Cinema Room.

Home Theater Room: 9.4.4 Dolby Atmos Configuration

​(9) Starke Sound IC-H3 Elite Beryllium Tweeter Floor Standing Loudspeaker
MSRP $7,480/pair

(4) Starke Sound IW-H3 Elite Beryllium Tweeter Ceiling Mounted
MSRP $7,240/pair

(4) Starke Sound SUB36 Subwoofer
MSRP $2,750/each

(2) A7 Mark II Amplifier[/B]
MSRP $7,900/each

http://www.laaudioshow.com/dolby-atmos-by-starke-sound
http://www.laaudioshow.com/

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure and check these rooms out.
Hopefully will be some audio demos going on, not movie demos.

vinylguy4

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure and check these rooms out.
Hopefully will be some audio demos going on, not movie demos.

vinylguy4

They didn't mention what would be played in Dolby Atmos.
We will find out at the show in a week and a half. :)

The big setup was 14 x 8 x 8 Dolby atmos. The demo was about 10 minutes with a monster scene, a jazz band nightclub scene, a war shoot em scene and Roger Waters The Wall scene. Don't think I got a whole lot from the overhead speakers. Guess I'll stick with my 5.1.
Dr AIX is here selling the JMK bluray. Sorry I missed his seminar.

Vinylguy4

Last edited:
Back