HiRez Poll JMK - JMK [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of JMK - JMK

• 8 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez Surround BluRay presented by AIX from Los Angeles based artist JMK.

As Mark Waldrep posted elsewhere in the forum:

It's been a long time since AIX Records has had a new high-resolution, surround production to talk about. Our new JMK release is an amazing recording and very aggressively mixed project. It features a 5.1 surround mix, a stereo mix, AND a headphones surround mix. I asked John to capture the playback of the whole album through his PMC speakers using his Sennheiser KM-100 "Fritz" binaural head. It really brings you into the sound of his room and is very compelling surround. There are samples in stereo at the jmksonics.com website and the ability to order the album.

I demoed it at the recent AXPONA show and the impact was very positive. In fact, I sold out of the units that I brought to the show. It's an electro-acoustic album with many layers of acoustic instruments as well as tons of analog synths that bounce around the room. John has a state-of-the-art studio with an API console and all of the toys. He's a drummer and composer with tons of experience — and it shows.

I created all of the animations that accompany the tracks. I'll be very interested to hear what customers think of this new direction. I'm headed to the Post Office right now to send off the first 40 orders. Thanks for the support.

Mark Waldrep
AIX Records

Earlier discussion in the AIX forum section: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?23340

JTK Front.jpg
JTK Back.jpg

sorry to leap in on a QQ Poll to ask such a mundane question but I would like to purchase this and was just wondering if there is any Region encoding or if its an All Regions BD?

also, do any QQ members have a recommended place to buy this release within Europe rather than have to import it from the States?

TIA! :)

Edit: I now see the "ABC" region designation on the rear sleeve art scan in Jon's initial post here (d'oh! that'll learn me not to read proper! :yikes ) but still, nice to have these things confirmed if possible isn't it :eek:

oh also, just noticed the Binaural headphone mix.. might it do much thru the Surround Master, has anybody here tried it out that way just for a bit of fun?

Hi All,

Just a quick shout out to everyone. Thx for the support. Had a fun interview last week with Scott on "Home Theater Geeks". What a great show. For those who bought the BR, let me know if you have any questions about the making of...

Cheers,

John

The Moog system 55 was the starting point for most of the tracks on the disc... What a beast!

Attachments

• JMKSYS55.jpg
    JMKSYS55.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I've listened to this about 6 times and it just doesn't do anything for me. The songs aren't really songs but more like musical phrases that are too repetitive for my liking. Also everything seems to come out at the same level within each song - no dynamics. The mix is fine. Not recommended.

Back