Sansui RTR 5500

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a used Sansui RTR 5500 QD the rear left VU meter is not moving when the sound is playing or recording. What could be the problem? The previous owner said it worked for him.

If you have sound coming from the left rear speaker both during play and record I would put the blame on a bad meter. VU meters are easy to test if you have a multimeter.

If you have sound coming from the left rear speaker both during play and record I would put the blame on a bad meter. VU meters are easy to test if you have a multimeter.

That is what I expected, I don't think it worked for the previous owner. I can't see just mailing the RTR would have effected it. The machine was wrapped well. Thanks

That is what I expected, I don't think it worked for the previous owner. I can't see just mailing the RTR would have effected it. The machine was wrapped well. Thanks

Now the owner tells me it stopped working some time ago, but he input high volume of sound and made it move. So by this the meter was already going to burn out. What is everyone's opinion?

Now the owner tells me it stopped working some time ago, but he input high volume of sound and made it move. So by this the meter was already going to burn out. What is everyone's opinion?

Helo Tom;

Schematic: https://files.fm/u/66ryxtvc

Look at the page 8-2 and Point 8 on the diagram. You have to check the signal there

I do apologize for my English, I'm not a native, hope everything is understandable though! :) I'm from Poland :)

The whole channel plays good, except UV meter?

Back