Greg Allman has passed away

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urrrrrrrrrrrgh again - enough urrrrrrrrrrrrghs already :(

One by One:howl

Wow, this one hits me particularly hard. The Allman Brothers are one of my favorite bands. Seen them more times than I can remember in my younger days, and I even shared the same stage with Oteil Burbridge (Bass) and Jimmy Herring (guitar) both of whom played with The Allmans, back when my band opened for Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit (Col. Bruce just passed a few weeks ago too). :(

Rest in Peace Gregg and thank you for all of the wonderful music. :worthy

S.O.B. just seen this been a good day and this takes the wind out of my sail.......Damn......well at least when I get there it will be a great time.

S.O.B. just seen this been a good day and this takes the wind out of my sail.......Damn......well at least when I get there it will be a great time.

Not so soon buddy!! :howl

I'm 46. I'd like another 46, as long as I'm able to go piss by myself and press the play button on my 3D holographic surround sound system plugged directly into my cranium. :smokin :cool: :confused:

Well, I've got to run to keep from hiding,
And I'm bound to keep on riding.
And I've got one more silver dollar,

But I'm not gonna let them catch me, no,
Not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider.

And I don't own the clothes I'm wearing,
And the road goes on forever,

But I'm not gonna let them catch me, no
Not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider.

And I've gone by the point of caring,
Some old bed I'll soon be sharing,

But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
Not gonna let them catch the Midnight Rider.

I'm 46. I'd like another 46, as long as I'm able to go piss by myself and press the play button on my 3D holographic surround sound system plugged directly into my cranium. :smokin :cool: :confused:

You still have the ole prostrate in good shape- wait-wait!! Then you will really piss your self! :mad:@:

I was stunned today when I woke to hear the news my musical hero had died.
When I first heard Brothers & Sisters on my mums stereo back in the 1970s my new hero was to The Allman Brothers Band. Gregg Allman sang and played like a tortured soul.
The wailing vocals Gregg did especially on those albums from the 1970s are untouchable.
He put in 110% every time he performed which is something I respect him greatly for. Today is a very sad day for me and any Allman Brothers Band fans.

RIP Gregg

I saw Greg perform for the last time on 9/26/16 in an acoustic duet - just two guitars. He seemed a little frail getting on and off stage, and he lived a pretty tough life for a physical body. He put alot of miles on that thing, and I was not so surprised (although saddened) to hear the news.

The brothers Allman, together again.

Some old cloud I'll soon be sharing....

We have been blessed with several great reissues from the Allman Brothers Band.
Both the Idlewild South and Fillmore East Blu-Rays sets were extremely well done, and now with Gregg's untimely (although not completely unpredictable) death, I'm not sure what the future holds for further reissues.
At the very least, I hope there's still the chance we could get a 45th anniversary set of "Eat A Peach" this year, complete with the original Quadraphonic mix and a 5.1 surround mix (either a new one or the 2004 mix) on Blu-Ray.
That would be a great audio sendoff to one of the greatest American musicians and songwriters that has ever lived.

RIP

Sad yes, but I knew it was coming. I have been a fan forever, huge memories, including seeing ABB Winterland 3 months before Duane died. The Eat A Peach mch SACD is excellent and can get cheap now.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002IQAMW/?tag=hraudio-20
Here's a list everything ABB.
http://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=allman
Having grown up on Live At Fillmore East I could never fully connect with the super excellent Blu Ray of the same.
I enjoy the stereo MOFI version the best.
http://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=8728

R.I.P... saw the Allman's once with the Dickey Betts/ Warren Haynes lineup and it was mind-blowing. I kept hoping for just one more Allman album...:(

Back