ECM Records Remastered SACD Series

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I wonder if any of the US reissue companies will carry the newly released ECM SACD titles (Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, Pat Metheny] done exclusively for Tower Records in Japan. In total, there will be 9 ECM SACD DSD~Mastered titles released but if one orders from CDJapan, there is a new proxy shipping fee of 1000 yen imposed.

A discussion from SHF: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ecm-sacd-reissues-march-8-2017.648020/

CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-14025 [note: it is an actual SACD but read the Proxy shipping notice on top]. I would imagine the 1000 yen proxy fee applies to each SACD ordered which would jack up the price considerably.

Oooooh, would love to have them all but at almost $200 for 3 discs, that's a little too pricey for me.

Newbury Comics has a clear vinyl version of Koln Concert limited to 1000 copies. I picked it up, not bad except that one side has an off-center groove. :howl

Thanks so much Brian for moving my query re: ECM SACDs to a new thread and for providing pre~order info.

I understand that all titles will be DSD remastered from the original analogue masters utilizing the Grimm audio converter.

The additional 6 titles will be released over the next few months and possibly more will be added.

Tis a shame that Tower Records Japan will not ship directly to the US (and other territories, as well).:(

And of course all ECM SACD releases will be strictly LIMITED EDITIONS.

Last edited:
Oooooh, would love to have them all but at almost $200 for 3 discs, that's a little too pricey for me.

Newbury Comics has a clear vinyl version of Koln Concert limited to 1000 copies. I picked it up, not bad except that one side has an off-center groove. :howl

Hopefully, if the ECM titles are still available in November 2017 and they're NOT listed on the US websites as 'not eligible for further discounts' Acoustic Sounds will have their annual 25% off Black Friday sales bringing the price down to $45 per disc. CDJapan is currently listing each title for roughly $34 each with that 1000 yen [roughly $9] proxy surcharge/shipping fee so it still might be cheaper ordering them from CDJapan [while they're still available].

Addenda: I just placed an order with CDJapan for the SACD of Keith Jarrett's The Köln Concert and I had accrued 874 bonus points and with the shipping fee [via SAL] and the service fee the order came out to $39.15. NOT a bad price and a full $20 cheaper than Acoustic Sounds which doesn't even have the title in stock.:banana:

BTW, CDJapan does NOT offer any bonus points with purchase of these ECM SACDs.......bummer.....but I suppose a small concession to pay for availability as it will be shipping in 1 to 2 days.

Back