R & R hall of fame

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi guys, I can't stand holding this in anymore. I apologize now if I offend anyone. This is not my intention.
Regrading the R & R hall, and those who are chosen into it, I have a real bad problem with the choices made.
You can disagree but my stance will remain as is, Joan Baez, is a FOLK MUSIC artist. Tupac is a RAP artist, Rock and roll music is NOT performed by these two artists.
I'm sorry, but the choice's made are far beyond what I know as R&R music. While very good performers in their own right, still they do not do Rock and roll!
What is Rock and roll music?
By their own the R&R hall tells us:

each year, with the announcement of the next class of nominees for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, a debate swirls as to what music is considered "rock and roll." The announcement of the 2014 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees – the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Chic, Deep Purple, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Kiss, LL Cool J, the Meters, Nirvana, N.W.A., the Replacements, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens, Link Wray, Yes and the Zombies – brought with it passionate discussions as to not only who should be inducted, but also how the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and people all over the world interpret and define rock and roll.
From:https://www.rockhall.com/roots-and-definition-rock-and-roll
Further more, if you read the entire description, you will see the hypocrisy, and they tell you what it is! Where it came from, and how it evolved. Who, what, why, and what is NOT!
I'm open to your thoughts

What they have done is place all music under a "umbrella" of sorts to satisfy everyone. In reality there should be a category of awards, hip hop-folk-rap-R&r, and others. To simply place it all under the idea of R&R is just a way to please those who don't do R&R and are pissed off without due recognition. OF the correct category of music.

Back