David Gilmour Live at Pompeii in theatres in Dolby Atmos 9/13

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Coming to cinemas worldwide for one night only - September 13th 2017 - is David Gilmour Live at Pompeii. Showing highlights from the spectacular pair of shows at the legendary Pompeii Amphitheature on July 7th and 8th, 2016, this unmissable concert performance was filmed in 4k by director Gavin Elder and will be presented in Dolby Atmos sound.

Tickets are now on sale worldwide with more cinemas to follow soon, including Latin America and Central America. Via ‘Demand It’ if David Gilmour Live at Pompeii is not screening in a specific area, fans can make a request for it by filling out a form on the website, and Trafalgar Releasing will do their best to bring the event to a cinema near them.
For details of cinemas taking part in this very special one night only event and ticket information visit davidgilmourcinematickets.com.

dgcinema.jpg

Coming to cinemas worldwide for one night only - September 13th 2017 - is David Gilmour Live at Pompeii. Showing highlights from the spectacular pair of shows at the legendary Pompeii Amphitheature on July 7th and 8th, 2016, this unmissable concert performance was filmed in 4k by director Gavin Elder and will be presented in Dolby Atmos sound.

Tickets are now on sale worldwide with more cinemas to follow soon, including Latin America and Central America. Via ‘Demand It’ if David Gilmour Live at Pompeii is not screening in a specific area, fans can make a request for it by filling out a form on the website, and Trafalgar Releasing will do their best to bring the event to a cinema near them.
For details of cinemas taking part in this very special one night only event and ticket information visit davidgilmourcinematickets.com.

View attachment 29522

Our fellow Spanish QQer César was THERE!!!!!!..
He said it was a nightmare though...hope they release it in BD...

I didn't want to start a new thread, maybe someone else wants to... :):):)

I see Gilmore now has a pre-release for various formats of this particular concert. I don't see any of them with a stand alone....but anyway.

LINK

My worry is that the theatre will not play this loud enough.

The last time I went to see a live music event at a movie theatre was The Dead's Fare Thee Well (final show) broadcast live from Chicago. It was so quiet you could hear the sound of the movies next door. A complete waste of time and money.

My worry is that the theatre will not play this loud enough.

The last time I went to see a live music event at a movie theatre was The Dead's Fare Thee Well (final show) broadcast live from Chicago. It was so quiet you could hear the sound of the movies next door. A complete waste of time and money.

Is there a list of theaters that will present this in Dolby Atmos? If not, does anyone have confirmation of one in the LA area that will?

Thinking of going tonight, but I guess it would be bad 5.1 and screen brightness at 5 FL or so (as usual here in Colombia, saves money you know).

I went to the screening at the Vue cinema in Halifax. Relatively new multiplex, not in their top screen, but 4K, Atmos, picture and sound, and surround mix, absolutely stunning. If the opportunity arises again to see a concert film at the same venue I will be up for it 100%.

I went to the screening at the Vue cinema in Halifax. Relatively new multiplex, not in their top screen, but 4K, Atmos, picture and sound, and surround mix, absolutely stunning. If the opportunity arises again to see a concert film at the same venue I will be up for it 100%.

I'm impressed that you have a theater with multiple Atmos rooms.

Thinking of going tonight, but I guess it would be bad 5.1 and screen brightness at 5 FL or so (as usual here in Colombia, saves money you know).

If Hollywood wants a scapegoat for poor ticket sales, blame movie theaters

"Once upon a time, going to a cinema was the best way to experience seeing a film. The picture quality was unparalleled; the audio couldn’t be topped. Ensconced in a darkened room with a giant screen dominating your vision, you were immersed in the image, drowned in the sound."

"Once upon a time, going to a cinema was the best way to experience seeing a film. The picture quality was unparalleled; the audio couldn’t be topped. Ensconced in a darkened room with a giant screen dominating your vision, you were immersed in the image, drowned in the sound."

I find myself annoyed by the other people quite regularly, mostly due to cell phones. That, and having a newborn to care for, I prefer to catch movies at home these days. I can often get the disc for less than the cost of two tickets. I can watch it whenever I want. I love my sound system. I can snuggle the family. I still like going to IMAX, but that's about it.

I think I read atmos can support up to 34 speakers (in a home theater) and up to 64 (128 channels) in a movie theater.

Do you know how many speakers were in the screening room you were at?

I'm sorry that the writer had such poor experiences. I've driven with my teenage children from south Jersey to the Paramus and the 42nd Street NY. We saw Dolby Cinema aka AMC Prime screenings of Rogue One and La La Land. The presentation was perfect in both theaters. I also took 15 year old Matthew to see an IMAX 70 film screening of Dunkirk in King of Prussia Pennsylvania. Each theater presented the films as intended and each time I let the manager on duty know it and followed up with emails to the head office.

Years ago I gave up on the Sony now Lowes theaters and settled in to many shows at the Cinemark in south Jersey. They've only fouled up once and I kept my mouth shut so my children could enjoy The Force Awakens. After the movie I asked to see the manager and politely asked how they could seat and audience in a theater without subwoofers. He asked how many tickets I purchased and reached into his pocket and handed me six complimentary tickets for the three of us.

I thanked him and said I would be back. I also sent a polite email to the head office and received a polite response that I've forgotten.

The only down side of this is my children are spoiled. They've grown accustomed to lossy and lossless 5.1 faux THX sound on a 60" screen and premium theatrical screenings.

Back