Sansui QRX-9001 Decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumGuitar

I was just wondering what people though about the built in decoders in the Sansui QRX-9001 unit. I've heard the CD-4 is top of the line and have no complaints and I imagine the same with the QS, but my real questions is: How does its SQ decoder compare to say a Tate II 101a or any other Holy Grail SQ decoder. I haven't really had great results with mine.

I was just wondering what people though about the built in decoders in the Sansui QRX-9001 unit. I've heard the CD-4 is top of the line and have no complaints and I imagine the same with the QS, but my real questions is: How does its SQ decoder compare to say a Tate II 101a or any other Holy Grail SQ decoder. I haven't really had great results with mine.

Hi. QuantumGuitar

You have one off the best Quad Receiver Bare none it has the best QS built in decoder the CD-4 decoder is quite good but the SQ unit is only half logic and does not compare with the Tate 101a, but does a better job to most other units that where available at the time.

You have to relies that the SQ & CD4 were the opposition and the technology was not put into them it was more of a convenience.
And yes the QS Synthesizer is one of the best for Stereo there is.
Bill...

Back