• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I'm looking for Roxy Music Avalon and Bryan Ferry Boys and Girls Multichannel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel John

Looking for Roxy Music Avalon and Bryan Ferry "Boys and Girls" in Multichannel or anything by Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music in multichannel. Let me know what you have...

I will say that, $89 is the most I've ever spent on a used OOP title. Yikes.... :yikes This morning, I was feeling sort of guilty.

It's a fantastic surround SACD, so don't feel guilty; you'll love it! It's been hovering at that price for several years now. In addition to BOYS AND GIRLS in surround, there is also this Ferry solo multi SACD, FRANTIC, in the same range (at least on this dealer's page):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bryan-Ferry...779392?hash=item2f09607580:g:RHIAAOSwlndZJsuS

The price has crept up since I bought it a few years back, but it has the attraction of featuring his old bandmate, Brian Eno! (edit: Discogs has copies for 65 bucks)

Damn, I wish Eno's solo vocal work was multi :howl

Last edited:
It's a fantastic surround SACD, so don't feel guilty; you'll love it! It's been hovering at that price for several years now. In addition to BOYS AND GIRLS in surround, there is also this Ferry solo multi SACD, FRANTIC,

Damn, I wish Eno's solo vocal work was multi :howl

Me too, and that song with Eno is excellent in surround ! :smokin

Me too, and that song with Eno is excellent in surround ! :smokin

Ok, had to dig this one out for another listen. FRANTIC just doesn't have Eno on the last song; his fingerprints are all over it! He's credited with a vocal and keyboard here and there, but for Eno fanatics, it's easy to hear that trademark treatment all over the place. It's almost like he produced it!

Eno was also on Ferry's earlier MAMOUNA (non-multi). Good to see they settled any hard feelings: Robert Fripp reported that during the early Roxie Music days, Eno was told "it was a good time for a solo career," a non-subtle hint he was out of the band. Apparently his tranny appearance upstaged Ferry (although Eno quite quickly dropped that look after his first solo album or two, and went toward a more cerebral posture). In retrospect, Eno did even better than Ferry, having his handprints in producing a lot of great music (yet the Talking Heads multis are about the only other Eno-played/produced/treated surround that I can think of at the top of my head -- Eno is as rare as hen's teeth in multi, sigh).

There's an amazing surround bit on FRANTIC that has footsteps walking all around the room. Given the two excellent Dylan covers, Eno's presence, and an interesting palette of sounds, I think Ferry's FRANTIC stands as a nice alternative to the more "Avalon-ish" BOYS AND GIRLS (but I like them all 8')).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-Bonu...ul-2003-Emi-/172836633322?hash=item283dddbaea
That sticker on the front is totally confusing...:confused:

s-l500.jpg s-l500.jpg

And here is another Avalon, for $35. But, seller says disc has light scratches, but plays fine. If someone wanted to take a chance, this is about as cheap as you'll find.

Ebay

Ok, had to dig this one out for another listen. FRANTIC just doesn't have Eno on the last song; his fingerprints are all over it! He's credited with a vocal and keyboard here and there, but for Eno fanatics, it's easy to hear that trademark treatment all over the place. It's almost like he produced it!

Eno was also on Ferry's earlier MAMOUNA (non-multi). Good to see they settled any hard feelings: Robert Fripp reported that during the early Roxie Music days, Eno was told "it was a good time for a solo career," a non-subtle hint he was out of the band. Apparently his tranny appearance upstaged Ferry (although Eno quite quickly dropped that look after his first solo album or two, and went toward a more cerebral posture). In retrospect, Eno did even better than Ferry, having his handprints in producing a lot of great music (yet the Talking Heads multis are about the only other Eno-played/produced/treated surround that I can think of at the top of my head -- Eno is as rare as hen's teeth in multi, sigh).

There's an amazing surround bit on FRANTIC that has footsteps walking all around the room. Given the two excellent Dylan covers, Eno's presence, and an interesting palette of sounds, I think Ferry's FRANTIC stands as a nice alternative to the more "Avalon-ish" BOYS AND GIRLS (but I like them all 8')).

RE : I THOUGHT , the last tune :

I don't know what you mean by "just doesn't have Eno on the last tune " ??? :rolleyes:

He's credited with a co-write/compose.

And he contibutes to keyboard (synth), likely effects .

And yes even vocals.

pic of credits for confirmation.》

20170825_173238.jpg20170825_173244.jpg

Back