Buckingham McVie duets album - Fleetwood Mac

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennon fan

Wow, do I love this new effort from Lindsey and Christine. Wish this could come out on surround. Just excellent IMO.

Wow, do I love this new effort from Lindsey and Christine. Wish this could come out on surround. Just excellent IMO.

Thank you for REMINDING ME!!!!

I had totally forgotten about this...I was listening to some samples on yamazon dot s and it sounds like a REALLY GOOD F Mac album... ordered it on VINYL (vinyl RULES!)...

Thank you for REMINDING ME!!!!

I had totally forgotten about this...I was listening to some samples on yamazon dot s and it sounds like a REALLY GOOD F Mac album... ordered it on VINYL (vinyl RULES!)...

You may be right about vinyl... the CD has a DR of 6; hopefully the vinyl is better! (I havn't listened to the CD yet, so 6 may still sound good, but man, how far are they going to keep squashing the DRs... I wonder what a 1 sounds like?)

Saw them on the Tonight Show a couple nights ago. We liked it and definitely need to pick this up. Joe commented, "it sounds just like Fleetwood Mac." He's a HUGE penguin fan and has seen them live several times.

It sounds like Fleetwood Mac because it is but without Stevie Nicks.

Yep Hwkn is correct - Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie played the entire album toooooo:)

Last edited:
Christine McVie and Lindsay Buckingham performed two songs live this morning on CBS and I was very impressed. Have to buy this one for sure.:music

It sounds like Fleetwood Mac because it is but without Stevie Nicks.

Although I've always admired her as a person, and like the CONTEXT of their songs (heck, I love "Crying in the Night" from the Buckingham / Nicks LP, I think it should have been a bona fide Top 10 single...which brings me to this chick's FAMOUS line in "Up in Smoke"..."IT DOESN'T MEAN DICK IF THEY DON'T PROMOTE YOU!!!")..but I just can't stand her bleating voice!!!!! and her either sharp or flat back vox , especially on the "Live" LP...which I read somewhere that she did on purpose....

So, to me, this is the PERFECT FMac album...
Bring it on...

Although I've always admired her as a person, and like the CONTEXT of their songs (heck, I love "Crying in the Night" from the Buckingham / Nicks LP, I think it should have been a bona fide Top 10 single...which brings me to this chick's FAMOUS line in "Up in Smoke"..."IT DOESN'T MEAN DICK IF THEY DON'T PROMOTE YOU!!!")..but I just can't stand her bleating voice!!!!! and her either sharp or flat back vox , especially on the "Live" LP...which I read somewhere that she did on purpose....

So, to me, this is the PERFECT FMac album...
Bring it on...

very excited to say that as of this morning, on Amazon this is the No.1 rock album and No.2 in cds and vinyl. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/40/ref=sr_bs_0_40_1

It took 30 freakin' years, but this album is just wonderful.

OK, here , we go...
BEAUTIFUL PRESSING..not even ONE pop and some MINIMAL clicks

The good news is that the DR looks WAY better than the CD
LB+ CM.jpg

The bad news is that the recording looks like it was 48/24
LB+ CM FS.jpg

A VERY enjoyable LP!!!!
(EDIT: one of the few times that they took the CD mix PRE-MASTERING(= CRUSH IT!) and sent it to the LP pressing plant as a master)

OK, here , we go...

View attachment 29651

View attachment 29652

A VERY enjoyable LP!!!!
(EDIT: one of the few times that they took the CD mix PRE-MASTERING(= CRUSH IT!) and sent it to the LP pressing plant as a master)

Thanks for this! I'm new to the forum, so i apologize for the newbie question... So they sent the digital master to be cut to vinyl, and Bernie Grundman (i just got the vinyl at home and noticed he cut it) remixed/remasterd the album for vinyl pre compression? Looks by the waveform to be a totally different album! thanks for your feedback!

Yeah the HD tracks version only comes in 24/48 too which was surprising

Yeah the HD tracks version only comes in 24/48 too which was surprising

This seems to be the trend now. The same digital master being used for the CD and High Res downloads, and the vinyl is the only place to get the artists version with dynamics intact. I wish HD tracks would offer an unlimited version as well, but i guess it is a bit cost prohibitive?

I may be in the minority, but i don't mind vinyl cut from a digital master. In some cases ( Tom Petty's Hypnotic Eye for example, which was cut to vinyl from 24/48) sounds extremely clear and not overly saturated. Just my opinion!

OK, here , we go...

View attachment 29651

View attachment 29652

A VERY enjoyable LP!!!!

I can state having now heard it, that the vinyl sounds amazing with much more warmth and wider dynamics. I don't do waveforms, just my ears:)

I agree completely, an excellent album, also agree that the sonic quality of the cd leaves something behind, i would love to hear a hi rez vinyl rip of this. This album is filled with snappy tunes fashioned with the pre-nicks fleetwood mac era recipe. A real winner. My only real complaint is that it is too short. It's nice to see old timers put out something actually worth listening to. Nice seperation on the recording as well, might make for an excellent upmix, if your into that kinda stuff... Just sayin'

Yep. Guessing that since she is still technically a full member of the band they released it in this manner to avoid having to pay her royalties.

I wondered about this.

My understanding was that - at the time of Say You Will, at least - Mick and John owned the name, and that Lindsey and Stevie were just on contract. That's why everyone had different managers, and why Stevie and Lindsey were on bigger individual guarantees for the Say You Will tour (the guarantee was $300k a show, with $100k each for Stevie and Lindsey and $50k each for Mick and John).

There does have to be some reason why this isn't officially a FM album, though, so you may be right.

At the very least Lindsey could have looked like he was interested in being on the cover.

Back