lighted lamps size for a Sansui receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Sansui QR 6500 receiver, what size of lamps do I us to light up the meters? One has burned out, I have lamps , I got from a friends, he gave me four amp sizes.

I had a look on https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/qr-6500.shtml

You can sign-up and download manuals.

In the Service Manual it gives 5A for USA 110V mains, and 3A quick blow fuses for the rest, but as the schematic diagram doesn't show any fuses in the lamp section, it does look like the bulb has blown. For the lamps it gives 6.3V 250mA for the Signal Meter & Tuning meter.

I have a Sansui QR 6500 receiver, what size of lighted fuses do I us to light up the meters? One has burned out, I have the fuses I got from a friends, he gave me four amp sizes.

I have a Sansui QR 6500 receiver, what size of lamps do I us to light up the meters? One has burned out, I have lamps , I got from a friends, he gave me four amp sizes.

"Four Amp" describes a fuse.

A fuse in place of lamp could, depending on the design of the amp, burn the main AC transformer or other components. .25 amp is the current the lamp uses (for example). I'm guessing they are lamps that look like fuses, is that what you are describing? They are commonly called 'fuse lamps' only because they look like 3AG fuses. They are not fuses. A lamp would be marked 6.3v 250ma, or 12v 6mA, whatever voltage that particular bulb runs best on, and the current it draws. A device marked 4A, 250v is a fuse.

Apologies for the yelling. Maybe you mean a variety of four different amperage rated 6.3v lamps?

"Four Amp" describes a fuse.

A fuse in place of lamp could, depending on the design of the amp, burn the main AC transformer or other components. .25 amp is the current the lamp uses (for example). I'm guessing they are lamps that look like fuses, is that what you are describing? They are commonly called 'fuse lamps' only because they look like 3AG fuses. They are not fuses. A lamp would be marked 6.3v 250ma, or 12v 6mA, whatever voltage that particular bulb runs best on, and the current it draws. A device marked 4A, 250v is a fuse.

Apologies for the yelling. Maybe you mean a variety of four different amperage rated 6.3v lamps?
I was confused my self about the fuses, now I know lamp fuses, Thank you for the explanation.

In the Service Manual it gives 5A for USA 110V mains, and 3A quick blow fuses for the rest, but as the schematic diagram doesn't show any fuses in the lamp section, it does look like the bulb has blown. For the lamps it gives 6.3V 250mA for the Signal Meter & Tuning meter. Thank you I found the right one both lamps match brightness.

In the Service Manual it gives 5A for USA 110V mains, and 3A quick blow fuses for the rest, but as the schematic diagram doesn't show any fuses in the lamp section, it does look like the bulb has blown. For the lamps it gives 6.3V 250mA for the Signal Meter & Tuning meter. Thank you I found the right one both lamps match brightness. Thank you for the information, the last one 6.3v 250mA works.

Back