Authoring Help?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hello QQ friends!

It's just about that time. I'm sitting on some (IMO) really great 2.0 and 5.1 mixes. Ideally, I'd like to finish one more track, which may or may not happen. We shall see.
Regardless, the album will move forward.

I am leaning heavily toward authoring and pressing a Bluray and maybe a companion CD if it doesn't drive up the cost too much.
I think Bluray is the way to go because anybody with a plain old BDP can access the hi-res content, whereas with a DVD you'd need a DVD-A or universal player.
And I like Blurays best. They're kinda sexy.

Anyway, we're looking at 15 - 16 tracks. I'd like a few of these tucked away in a "bonus tracks" area.
I'd like there to be hi-res surround, DTS surround and hi-res 2.0 playlists.
As an option I'd like to include lyrics and musician information for each track.

One still image behind everything is fine with me.

What size image should I supply? If I upload 2.0 & 5.1 FLAC can the authoring engineer take it from there?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

If anybody reading this is available and interested in authoring the project, please drop me a line. Otherwise, if you can steer me in the right direction that would be awesome to.

In my wildest dreams I'd like to get linked up with a label, at least for distribution, but I'll go the inde route if necessary and that is my realistic plan A.
Once the disc is authored, I'll be sending it out for reviews and such. Maybe a label will get interested then.

Here is a link to 9 of the 5.1 tracks, so you can get an idea of the music and mixing style and quality.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Pl7U0EQTMLT1I0QWdLbHFFRjg

I'll upload more later, as I get time.

Thanks for any help!!! :phones

I can help ya. Send me more details about your project.

Hey QQ family!

I'm bumping this thread in one final attempt to get some BD authoring help. One way or another, I will be moving forward with manufacturing a 2-disc set of my album Disturbing the Universe.

Currently, I am experiencing some catastrophic computer problems and I'm leaving home very soon, so I'm afraid I don't have the capability to develop a BD on my own.

I am hoping the set will be a CD/BD set, if I can find the help! Worst case, it will be a CD/AVCHD set (AVCHD is a single-layer DVD that plays in hi-res 5.1 on most modern blu-ray players).

If you are reading this and can either author a BD or know somebody who can, please get a hold of me. It can be a very basic disc, like an HFPA disc, with 2.0 and 5.1.
Ideally, I'd love if the 4.0 and 4.1 mixes could be offered too, but 2.0 and 5.1 is the priority. I'd like LPCM stereo and multichannel and also DTS-HD MA multichannel.

We can discuss remuneration, but I'll say out the outset that I can't afford to pay a fortune. Remuneration strategies could include:

- Do it for charity and for love of the QQ community - so far, this project has been brought to fruition by surround-loving QQ members on hobbyists' budgets
- A small fee up-front, with a cut of the proceeds
- A larger fee up-front (if not crazy)
- Some other strategy I haven't thought of

I'm not looking to make any money on this album - I will be giving any proceeds, if any, to charity. However, I am willing to spend reasonable money to bring this project to ultimate reality - a package that fellow surround enthusiasts can hold in their hands and place in their collections.

Check out this thread, especially post #8, for an impartial review of the music and mix.

Disturbing the Universe - An Underdog Story

I'm also more than happy to link you to an AVCHD ISO or burn you an AVCHD disc and mail it to you, so you can audition the work and decide if you want your name associated with it.

Thank you for reading this and for your help or referral!

--Mike

I honestly wish I could help you mike cuz I would in a minute and for free, but I have never authored a BD before, I am surprised that noone here has stepped up cuz there are some tech savvy geniuses running around this place. kevin

I honestly wish I could help you mike cuz I would in a minute and for free, but I have never authored a BD before, I am surprised that noone here has stepped up cuz there are some tech savvy geniuses running around this place. kevin
Thank you, so much!
Help has been found and a BD is being developed. I think it's gonna be pretty awesome too!

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Back