Stereo mixes of "Who Are You"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr. simple

Not really a doctor...
QQ Supporter
I wonder if anyone on this forum knows about the various mixes of The Who album, "Who Are You".

According to Wikipedia, the original album mix is only available on CD on the first MCA CD released in 1985, and then only re-released on Universal Japan in 2011 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Are_You). I haven't looked into the Japan release simply because I'm assuming it will cost more than I'm interested in paying.

Probably my safest best is to find the MCA CD on Ebay and look for a seller who posts actual pictures of the disc being sold.

I'm wondering if any of you know which mix the HDTracks version on Geffen from 2015 uses. http://www.hdtracks.com/who-are-you-253975

(P.S. - it drives me nuts that they don't disclose such things... but we've all argued that point many times on this forum.)

Available in Audiophile 96kHz/24bit from HDtracks for $17.98. But as usual, "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions". I want to buy more but I can't!

Available in Audiophile 96kHz/24bit from HDtracks for $17.98. But as usual, "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions". I want to buy more but I can't!

Maybe try a Canadian store like ProStudioMasters? Looks like they offer The Who catalog

Maybe try a Canadian store like ProStudioMasters? Looks like they offer The Who catalog

Nice to know about this site. They do have the Who albums. I noticed they also have Steppenwolf, so I downloaded my favourite "For Ladies Only", to test the service. ProStudioMasters is available for residents of the United States and Canada, so I wondered if they charge in US or Canadian dollars, they charged me in Canadian but added sales tax. Price came to just over $20 Canadian. I'm sure that I'll be downloading more in the near future. They must have exclusive rights to sell certain recordings to Canada, blocking HDtrax.

Back