• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Organ Orgy Anthony Newman Quadraphonic LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Wanted: Organ Orgy Anthony Newman Quadraphonic LP

Anyone have this for sale or trade?

I have never heard of this album. I am ordering a stereo copy from Amazon for only $6 since it sounds like I would enjoy it.

I own the stereo copy and love it so much it made its way to the top of my quad wanted list.

I'd be curious about how it compares with a number of the organ transcription SACDs Hansjorg Albrecht has made for Oehms, including two of Wagner - one of the Ring Cycle and one called "Organ Fireworks."

Looking at the notes for the Organ Orgy disc, I note that Newman's recording of the Bach Brandenburg Concertos was also recorded in quad - I have the now OOP 2-CD release on Sony Essential Classics Take2, and it's excellent. Seems like a great candidate for a Dutton Vocalion release (as does the Bach & Haydn Concertos Disc mentioned on the back - which doesn't ever seem to have had a digital release, even in stereo, and of course this disc) - it's out of print materials of public domain compositions and the masters are owned by Sony.

Back