Rob Reed / Magenta 5.1 FLAC downloads now available!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having trouble downloading the files I bought. I was able to download a couple of the shorter songs, but the longer ones fail with a network error. I've never had trouble downloading files like this before. I've tried a few troubleshooting steps, but nothing has worked. I guess I'll have to contact the website.

Just to be clear, are these downloads any different in quality than the DVDs they were originally released on? I have all these titles except for Chameleon and Kompendium.

They're 48k/24bit FLACs, so they are lossless, straight out of Rob's mixing desk/DAW. The highest quality on the DVDs is 48k DTS compression, which is actually pretty good but it's still lossy, so the downloads are of higher quality.

Whether you can actually hear the difference is depends on a whole load of factors but most importantly your ears! That's not meant to be a flippant comment; some people say they can tell, others say they can't. There's no right or wrong opinion so I would suggest if you're happy with the DVDs they're not essential.

If you have Sanctuary II download the two free Sanctuary II demo files and do a comparison.

I'm having trouble downloading the files I bought. I was able to download a couple of the shorter songs, but the longer ones fail with a network error. I've never had trouble downloading files like this before. I've tried a few troubleshooting steps, but nothing has worked. I guess I'll have to contact the website.
Took care of you little brother! (y)

They're 48k/24bit FLACs, so they are lossless, straight out of Rob's mixing desk/DAW. The highest quality on the DVDs is 48k DTS compression, which is actually pretty good but it's still lossy, so the downloads are of higher quality.

Whether you can actually hear the difference is depends on a whole load of factors but most importantly your ears! That's not meant to be a flippant comment; some people say they can tell, others say they can't. There's no right or wrong opinion so I would suggest if you're happy with the DVDs they're not essential.

If you have Sanctuary II download the two free Sanctuary II demo files and do a comparison.

The Sanctuary II disc is a dvd-audio so there should be no difference.

Hi Rob,

The Seven & Metamorphosis 5.1 FLACs don't seem have appeared on your website yet http://www.magentashopfront.com/page14.htm - or am I too soon!

Cheers

Duncan

Thanks for the great response to the mixes. Im a huge fan of the format, so will continue to do my releases in the format. I'm slowly working my way through the back catalogue . Just put up Magenta : Seven and Metamorphosis Albums, and a few more treats in the free folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2osjttgnait55jg/AADF8YLJQGj-7LSfsVXufESma?dl=0

Thanks again
ROB

Excellent!! I purchased the 3 I have with Dolby Digital, Seven, Metamorphosis and Chameleon.

Edit: A quick look shows that Metamorphosis and Chameleon are much alike the Dolby Digital recordings, by numbers (except for 24 bits - and lossless) but Seven is recorded 7 dB lower and have 2 DR points higher (from 12 to 14), very nice :smokin

Thanks Rob for making those albums available in lossless :banana: I love the Magenta albums!

As someone who was a teenager during the original prog movement of the 70s, and the contemporaneous quad movement, I have to say how much I appreciate anything done by Mr. Reed in any of his creative ventures. In many ways the "new wave" of prog equals and surpasses, in quality and quantity, what I cherish from my youth.

Metamorphosis sounds truly amazing in lossless, just as I expected it would! :)

Those new freebies are pretty superb too, particularly Willow's Song.

Metamorphosis is my favourite Magenta album :smokin

Here's track no. 2:

x1Ldvr3.jpg

Back