Rob Reed / Magenta 5.1 FLAC downloads now available!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just played the song "Joe" from the "Home" album, found it in the freebie folder - sounds excellent in surround - are there perhaps any plans of releasing the full album in surround?

That would be great (y)

Edit: I have listen to all the freebie tracks - and they all sound wonderful - thank you for this treasure!

JOE is from the album HOME.... At some point I will remix it all , and in 5.1...Its lot to do, as its a double album, I did Joe as a test.... Glad your all enjoying the freebies... Ill try to add a few more in the coming weeks... ROB

:yikes I think I'll stay on lower ground and listen!

Metamorphosis is my favourite Magenta album :smokin

Here's track no. 2:

x1Ldvr3.jpg

JOE is from the album HOME.... At some point I will remix it all , and in 5.1...Its lot to do, as its a double album, I did Joe as a test.... Glad your all enjoying the freebies... Ill try to add a few more in the coming weeks... ROB

Rob, I like this one(JOE) as well, instant buy for me once you get this or any of your older albums done in 5.1.

I just finished listening to Metamorphosis and Chameleon as have never heard those 2, more great relistening ahead for me as LOVE,LOVE,LOVE what you have done musically and these lossless surrounds are so well done.

Anyone who does not have KOMPENDIUM-"Beneath the Waves",nows your chance, please do yourself a favor as for $7 pounds, it is money well spent and your ears and heart will thankyou. While your at it any else of the Magenta stuff etc, its all good stuff.

I couldn't say it better than from the end of this review taken from:

http://www.progrockmusictalk.com/2013/01/review-kompendium-beneath-waves_23.html

"Beneath The Waves is a truly superb piece of work, and Rob Reed, and the myriad of vocalists and musicians, involved in its 3 year gestation period should feel a sense of supreme achievement. It is exactly what Rob set out to do, and that was to produce an album that would re-introduce the listener to settling down for over an hour and focusing simply upon the conceptual storyline within the music.

The CD, Beneath The Waves, is an awesome achievement and apart from having a “One To Buy” sticker on the front, it should also host a “No Home Should Be Without One” sticker as well. Will there be another album from Kompendium in the future? Only Rob Reed will know the answer to that question, but if the answer is “no,” this album is a wonderful milestone marker along the route of the concept album."

Great mixes Rob! Can't wait for the first Magenta album in 5.1!
I downloaded the Chameleon 5.1 mix, & since it is the first time hearing it complete,
the song "Breathe" at the 3.14 mark has some digital skipping. I was wondering if that is intentional, or just on my download.
I downloaded it twice, with the same result.
If anyone knows, please let me know!

Cheers!

the song "Breathe" at the 3.14 mark has some digital skipping. I was wondering if that is intentional, or just on my download.
I downloaded it twice, with the same result.
If anyone knows, please let me know!

Cheers!

It's on the stereo too, and Rob's confirmed that it's intentional - a digital "chopping" effect, but he's going to check the FLAC anyway just to make sure it's "as intended"

Regarding the Breath track from Chameleon.... it is intentional... it was one of the production things I though sounded good at the time, like like a vinyl stutter.... not sure I would do it now though !!!.... Im finishing off a surround mix of Spectral Mornings, I did with Dave Longdon singing and Christina ( magenta ) singing, also Nick Beggs on Bass and Steve Hackett on guitar.... we did it as a charity single.... its sounds amazing in 5.1 coming soon !

Thanks for the great response to the mixes. Im a huge fan of the format, so will continue to do my releases in the format. I'm slowly working my way through the back catalogue . Just put up Magenta : Seven and Metamorphosis Albums, and a few more treats in the free folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2osjttgnait55jg/AADF8YLJQGj-7LSfsVXufESma?dl=0

Thanks again
ROB
Oh, wow... :-O

Thanks to you, Mr. Reed. I deeply, deeply love the work you've done on both Sanctuary I and Sanctuary II. I firmly believe Sanctuary II is a far better album than the sadly quite underwhelming Return to Ommadawn that Oldfield did (I clearly do not expect you commenting on this, you're too much of a class act, just wanted to share my deep appreciation for your work).
I hope you will keep producing music with that style and with great multichannel mixes too. :)
Thanks again.

I just had an e-mail from Rob telling me that he's made four albums from his recent back catalogue available as 5.1 FLAC downloads. 🍌

http://www.magentashopfront.com/page14.htm

If you don't know where to start I strongly recommend "The Twenty Seven Club" although if you're a fan of Mike Oldfield then "Sanctuary I" may be a better choice (Rob is a huge fan of Mike and this album is a shameless tribute!)

I know Rob's been wanting to release full resolution versions of his surround mixes for quite some time, so this is really exciting. I hope you'll get behind the project and give it as much support as possible, 'cos there's a *lot* of other material in his back catalogue that really needs to be out in full resolution 5.1. :)
Unfortunately the link is not available anymore. Very sad!:cry:
Any information why?

Back