New album on https://surroundmusic.one

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, OdyessyMusik, for your help and support getting this album hosted online. You've been awesome.

Thanks to ji eff for the wonderful idea of offering 5.1, 4.1, 4.0 & 2.0 and for putting in the hard work to make it happen.
It's true that some listeners don't want a center channel for their music and some don't want or need an LFE. Thus the choice of surround mixes.

Here is an excerpt from the liner notes:

So, how did I get inspired to produce a new 2.0/4.0/4.1/5.1 project? I really have to give credit to the
quadraphonicquad.com (QQ) community, in tandem to my ever-growing surround music obsession.
While learning about various surround formats and feverishly trying to obtain (affordable) recordings,
it dawned on me that I was sitting on multitracks myself and that some of that music might translate
well to surround. Over the last couple of years I received a lot of advice and eventually became
acquainted with ji eff, the mixing/remixing engineer and arranger for the project, through the
incredible 5.1 albums Celeste and In the Unknown (very discrete and excellent orchestral
compositions). Together we formed a profoundly productive collaboration. Initially, I only hoped to
get my existing multis mixed in to surround, as well as possible. My multis did the trick for some
tracks, but not for others. Fortunately, ji eff wasn't just the bearer of bad news, but really stepped-up
and produced some wonderful updated sounds. Out of the blue ji eff would also send me very well-executed
remixes of certain tracks. In some cases I've grown to like these as much or more than the
main track! This project would simply be something inferior to what it has become without ji eff. I
could never say enough about that.
What more can be said? I'm very, very grateful for the encouragement and help I've received along
the way from so many people. I'm especially thankful for my collaborators, many of whom, but not
all, are showcased here. There has been frustration and failure, but also joy and success. Many of my
best relationships are rooted in musical collaboration. For example, the wonderful lady you hear on
this record just delivered my first child a few weeks ago! And the sparks really started flying with my
wife when I joined a college choir... A very special thank you goes out to my friends and family, for
their support. And to every listener. You are what it's all about.

Is there the possibility to include Paypal as a payment option? :)

If that's the only way some/a lot of you can pay instead of Visa or Mastercard I'll work on that!;)
I'll prefer Visa/Mastercard myself but maybe it's better with Paypal?!

If some of you have any other ideas for the site, then fell free to tell about'em!
It's a (a little expensive) hobby-project that I'll like to work out the best way!
Hope it can help more bands to make / sell surround mixes!

If that's the only way some/a lot of you can pay instead of Visa or Mastercard I'll work on that!;)
I'll prefer Visa/Mastercard myself but maybe it's better with Paypal?!

If some of you have any other ideas for the site, then fell free to tell about'em!
It's a (a little expensive) hobby-project that I'll like to work out the best way!
Hope it can help more bands to make / sell surround mixes!

Just a few comments.

1. I'm lazy. Most of my online purchases happen in my theater room. Most of that time, I don't have my credit card info readily available.
2. With Paypal, a consumer has several options.
A. Paypal credit, gives option of paying "like" a credit card and you get 6 months no interest
B. Paypal with Visa/Mastercard - you give Paypal authority to charge to you credit card of choice.

I have to assume with those 2 options above, you will be getting paid just as fast as regular credit transaction...though I could be wrong.

So, for me...of course it's not the only way, but the easiest way. :)

PayPal is the easiest option for the same reason as Gene, I've just had to hunt around trying to figure where I put my wallet when I came home from the pub last night, eventually found it not where I thought I'd put it! Real Ale is a wonderful thing :brew

So far its Disturbing The Universe & Metastasia, nice to have both 5.1 & 2.0, as I can play 2.0 FLACs in the car.

Ok

Paypal can be used now!!

And for the moment I've deactivated direct paying with creditcards; Found out that my bank took up to 40% in fee! Damn moneymachines! :howl
Have to find a foreign bank account without fees for moneytransfer.... if they exist...

(y)

Ok

Paypal can be used now!!

And for the moment I've deactivated direct paying with creditcards; Found out that my bank took up to 40% in fee! Damn moneymachines! :howl
Have to find a foreign bank account without fees for moneytransfer.... if they exist...

40% is outrageous, even 4% would be a lot.

hINf0z4.jpg

I had a listen to your album, Mike - a lot of great songs, I do like the harder songs a lot and "Skeletons Under Cover" are great!

Very nice surround and fidelty - my Foobar shows a nice recording level and DR - great (y)

Impressive stuff :smokin

3 new 5.1 releases by cristale (The one behind the Mike Vieira 5.1 mix of Disturbing the Universe)

It's classical, orchestral and very interesting and full of energy

Streaming / purchasing on:
https://surroundmusic.one/artist/cristale/

It was recorded in 44-16, but have a very nice sound in my ears and is another great 5.1 mix!

Check it out

PS. now Paypal works on the site without delay;)

Me too, I reckon some have a nice Black Sabbath influence!

hINf0z4.jpg

I had a listen to your album, Mike - a lot of great songs, I do like the harder songs a lot and "Skeletons Under Cover" are great!

Very nice surround and fidelty - my Foobar shows a nice recording level and DR - great (y)

Impressive stuff :smokin

Very nice surround and fidelty - my Foobar shows a nice recording level and DR - great
Impressive stuff

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!

purchased!

Thanks, Mike!

Me too, I reckon some have a nice Black Sabbath influence!

Good ears!

Very happy with Disturbing the Universe! A real keeper.

Thanks, Bright Side. I'm thrilled that the album is being heard and enjoyed!

Back