OK, I'm confused....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boojidad

Other quad reels on Project 3 that I have seen have all been discrete quad, meaning all program content on one side using all four channels, so no need/no reason to turn the tape over to hear Side B. But this one seems to show a "two sided" tape. Is it encoded quad rather than discrete, so you have to run it through a decoder to get the quad effect? QS, SQ, or EV?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nashville-Now-Nashville-Jets-Quad-Quadraphonic-Reel-To-Reel-Tape-/253002344168?hash=item3ae81d66e8:g:qaoAAOSwFqNZSXSg

(BTW, the idea of loading a reel tape with quad-encoded stereo isn't so far fetched. In a different thread, I posited that Angel and CBS classical titles that were released in Quad only on disc most likely had quad encoding in their reel editions. Several folks agreed, although I don't have any specific proof to offer.)

I have a couple of tapes labeled like that. They are discrete quad. You'll note the amount of tape on the reel. A lot more then a tape that has side one and side two. My guess. To save money the use the stereo labels to save money.

Back